See the new Dutch assembly hall

by Anders Andersen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

...it looks like a generic, easy to sell barn hall.

https://youtu.be/eQWRfhbBQwY

Nothing like the old hall it's built next to.

The small room in the video is the indoctrination education center.

The building is completed one year ahead of schedule. My guess: it's either much simpler than they originally planned, and/or they had more volunteers because nothing else is being built.

Video is Dutch, but nothing interesting is said anyway.

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you for posting this video Anders. I like being able to see what is going on all over the world.

I was surprised the floors in the auditorium were not carpeted. The chairs also seemed more on the lower end side as to price.

I dont know if that is the style of public building there or if this is new?

You mentioned it is nothing like the old one so I am thinking maybe this is the new look of things to come.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Exactly like our neighbors new dairy operation - herd 'em in , milk 'em and turn 'em out to pasture, hose it down and you're done - next...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Looks like a basketball / sports hall!

• bennyk
    bennyk

Bedankt.

• millie210
    millie210

Its a Mcssembly hall

do you want fries with that?

• yodastar
    yodastar

Your funny millie210! Yes it's all very quickbuild now. Loving the JW.Org sign at the front. Very up to date and modern these folk but of course still totally separate from the worldlies eh?

• millie210
    millie210

Yes, I saw the Org sign and thought the same as you did yodastar.

That is one thing that seems to transcend all other things with them these days.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

For those wondering if this new hall is just the building style up here: yes, for event halls used for business fairs, indoor markets, or sports.

But auditoria normally are much more luxurious and 'finished'.

Here's a picture of the original hall:

Notable differences: carpet vs concrete floor, somewhat comfy chairs vs wooden chairs, ceiling vs roof, pretty brick walls vs ugly concrete and iron framing.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

You might be interested in the link below from last month:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5123300059512832/new-dutch-assembly-hall-swifterbant-17-september-2016

Includes a two part video regarding the construction etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit