Detroit TV station expose' on JWs

by Emma 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Emma
    Emma

Here's a link to a brief but good, four-minute piece on Jehovah's Witnesses. WDIV in Detroit filmed it. There's a place for comments so please add helpful info. I gave a link to this site and jwfacts.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifestyle/man-shares-difficult-decision-to-leave-religion-

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Thanks for sharing Emma. I feel for them both. The young man whose wife left him especially hit home for me. My brother's wife just recently left him to remain in the organization and he's left trying to pick up the pieces and start over. So sick and twisted that org. is!! 😔

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Love that they grouped them in with scientology with regard to the shunning.

• carla
    carla

Glad to see it! thanks for posting.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The more they are exposed as family destroyers the better for all! What I would like to see is the TV stations that report on the conventions in their respective cities, talk about the negative side of JW's instead of the happy happy stuff about them.

HappyDad

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thanks for the post. My boss say this this morning and now he kinda understands what we go through to leave this nefarious religion.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The priest being interviewed about shunning seems to be tapped as their resident expert, but he doesn't seem to know the extent of shunning former JWs experience.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hi Emma, long time no see, hope you're well.

What the heck is taking mainstream media SO damn long to catch on to this?
    I've watched the Hulu show The Path and while it's meant to be a commentary on Scientology, it's still so easy to see how the JWs fit the cult bill.
    I'm so darned tired of people acting as if the JWs are some sweet little religion.
    In some ways they are one of the more dangerous ones out there just because they have retained that sweet little image.

So happy to see a news outlet talking about it.
    Thanks for sharing.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Crazy-So scared he will lose his family and friends he has to have his voice altered, face concealed, and name changed to appear on this news clip-almost as if he were a mob informant. Hopefully this news clip will alert the Detroit area viewing public what really goes on in the religion and to stay away.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I was visiting a prospective fade hall last night when an elder bad mouthed Terrell as to why he was being shunned.

I was thinking that the information he divulged to the entire congregation was confidential. He had a part earlier discussing that when you tell the elders something, it's kept a secret. So how was he able to divulge the reason for a person being df'ed to an entire congregation of 100 or so people as well as any that may have possibly been on the phones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit