Richard Dawkins has had a Stroke

by cofty 74 Replies latest social current

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

it was a very minor stroke - he'll be up to his old tricks soon enough

• cofty
    cofty
    "He is back home and making god progress." I hope that's a pun. - Village Idiot

Ha! I wish I had thought to do that deliberately.

Some interesting reactions from a few spiteful believers.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States. More than 140,000 people die each year from stroke in the United States.

Each year, approximately 795,000 people suffer a stroke. About 600,000 of these are first attacks, and 185,000 are recurrent attacks.

No disrespect and I wish the man well as I do anyone who suffers any kind of malady or illness.. but why exactly is this one special again that he merits his own personal post on the state of his health? Is he a close relative? Do I detect a mild case or personality worship? Idolatry? Fan Boy-ism?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Do I detect a mild case or personality worship? Idolatry? Fan Boy-ism?

I pray to him every night. If he's gone who will I pray to then?

"Oh lord of the Meme, smite mine enemies with thine iron rod.

Give them thine angry glare and remember to take thine meds.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

Thy Delusion and thy Greatest Show protecteth me for ever and ever.

Oh and please help me with the blocked up sink.

Amen."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Dawkins will be fine, I'm sure he will pull through.
  • Simon
    Simon

You insults then editing is lame slimboyfat

Such spiteful reactions from some. They show the true nature of "christians"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It was meant to be a joke. Maybe the man himself would have laughed, but clearly not appreciated so I deleted it. Don't know why responding by removing it should be considered "lame".
  • Simon
    Simon

Insult posted then edited out just before the 30 minute edit window. Along with disliking posts that simply wish someone a recovery. That's pretty lame IMO. It seems designed to deceive. What would be the next step - complaining about the people downvoting you?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It was intended as a joke not an insult. I think Dawkins himself may have seen the funny side since it shows I pay attention to what he says. Maybe not I don't know. But I know my intention. I do wish him well. What I didn't agree with was 1) that he has special knowledge to impart and 2) being instructed by Landy what a dislike means I think it probably meant something else, so I joined the maligned. Put my comment back if you like I don't mind either way.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Different strokes for different folks.

I shouldn't really make a joke about it, but if anyone is allowed to it's me - my mum had the worst kind of stroke and was paralysed for the rest of her life, and recently my aunt had a mild stroke.

Get well soon, Professor Dawkins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit