Scary Dream

by freemamaof3 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

azor

Thanks! I'm very happy I"m out too. It worries me sick that my parents and super indoctrinated little brother are going to do something stupid because of this cult. I drop little things on them too occasionally. I usually get the "dont bring your apostate stuff to our home" lecture but to me its worth trying.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Greybeard said, "100% Ya think? Right on Nathan, we got to talk someday..."

I am incontrovertibly certain of it, because this was revealed to me IN A DREAM.

No, sometimes I just like to say things to make people jump. Dreams are the garbage-disposal units of the brain. The reason they seem plausible and believable is because they are snippets of our individual memories. If they were snippets of SOMEONE ELSE's memories, we wouldn't recognize them, and we'd be arrested for peeping-Tom-ism and we would owe royalties to the person whose memories we just viewed.

It's simple. Fortunately I am simple too...

I've read your story, Greybeard. Rough. You didn't deserve much of what happened to you.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thanks Nathan, I say things to make people jump too and I love to kid around. Probably more than I should... As far as me not deserving what happened to me. Maybe things happen for a reason. I tend to believe they do. I have learned more about the nature of love after being booted out of the borg. When I was in the borg, a believing JW. I had the mentality that we were right and they were wrong. That type of thinking distorts our ability to love unconditionally. I take full responsibility for who I am and where I am at in life today. Being raised a JW will create a ego that must be discarded to be happy in the real world. Discarding that ego is not easy and takes constant work. What I have went through has smashed my JW ego and that is a good thing. Being alone has taught me more about myself then ever before. So even though all of this is very painful and hurts, I believe it is a wake-up call to reality. I have freedom to explore this reality now that the illusion has been removed.

As JW's we thought we had all the answers to life's questions, then we enter reality and this is what we find. "Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much." 1 Corinthians 8:2 NLT

• Clearview
    Clearview

That sounds like a horrible dream, the kind where you're extremely relieved when you wake up!

I had a JW dream a couple weeks ago. Keep in mind I've been out for over 8 years.

In my dream I was a teenager (15'ish) again, but I still had my current problem-with-authority (JW authority in particular) mindset and I knew what I know about TTATT.

I lived with my parents and they were pestering me to go to the meeting but I told them I was never going again because of the horrible control and things the watchtower has done.

Throughout the dream my dad was yelling and my mom was crying, and they told me that if I wanted to leave the house again before I was 18, I would have to go to all meetings and service, and not criticize the Org. It was that, or move out at 15.

I woke up soon after and it was a relief, but it sucks knowing that there are teenagers going through that in real life. It gave me a new respect for them and I really feel for them.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

That is truly a horrible dream....but from I can tell you are pregnant, correct? U say a baby is on the way. Let me just say I just had my second and with both my pregnancies I had really crazy dreams. It's normal...your hormones are all over the place.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Like Sparky, I've had a lot of bethel-based dreams/nightmares. For me, it was always such a relief to wake up to my "present truth".

After a long weekend working overtime, I'm due for such a dream that will make me happy to get up early for work tomorrow. Otherwise, I have to wait until payday on Thursday when money is magically deposited in my bank account. Money is more happifying that waking from a bad dream.

When I was still "in", I had some terrific armageddon and demon attack nightmares. Those have all gone away.

Perhaps my worst nightmare was when I was in university and dreamed that I'd done a whole bunch of homework... but then woke up to realize that all that work was just a dream.

There was also that time that I dreamed I was a car muffler... I woke up exhausted.

And there was the time that I dreamed I ate a giant marshmallow. I woke up and couldn't find my pillow anywhere.

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

corruptgirl

yeah I think my pregnancy hormones are definitely making my dreams more vivid and crazy...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I always had weird dreams when pregnant, I think that's normal.

I think it's also normal to have some fears about Armageddon, even when you know, at least intellectually, that it's not really true. Cult Mind Control doesn't go away just because you realize it's all a lie, that's why it's so hard to overcome. I am sure there are a lot of people that are fed up with religion but are still in because they think "what if it is true?" That little bit of doubt keeps them stuck, because people tend to fear a negative outcome more than they want a better life. You have gotten past that, but may still have some tiny doubt in one corner of your mind. It will eventually go away as time goes on.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

My 7 year old daughter is into these tiny, collectable toys, called Shopkins. She has THOUSANDS of these Goddamn things, lol.

Well, I had a "nightmare" the other night, that I found a Shopkins limited edition, and accidentally threw it away, before I gave it to my daughter.

If anyone here, knows anything about Shopkins, then you understand why this was a nightmare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit