Will they drink the Kool Aid?

by Hecce 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

As you know the question regarding the “kool aid” is related to the tragic events at Guyana and Jim Jones. Blind obedience and faith in this man resulted in a massive loss of lives.

Sometimes we see the same pattern of blind obedience to the Watchtower from the witnesses. This could be on major items or small details. Today there was an occurrence that triggered this question in my mind.

An Spanish Congregation was a participant in the Annual Meeting broadcast. The great majority of the Congregation doesn’t speak English and the program was not translated; however 90% of the publishers were in attendance and stayed for the whole meeting.

Looking at their compliance and their waste of three and half hours of their day, makes me wonder:

How much of the “kool aid” are they willing to drink?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

All of it. Every drop. I dont know why we even have to discuss this.... they refuse blood and die. They shun family. There is no line to far.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Same situation here hecce in the Spanish congregations around. They just imitate everyone else's reactions even though they have no idea what's going on. But if Jehovah wants them there, they will be there. Can you imagine the hell they would pay if they decided to miss the annual meeting since they won't get much out of it?

• Hecce
    Hecce

Yes, it defies logic; well I guess that will not be one of the components required to be faithful.

Thanks Are You Serious

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Looking at their compliance and their waste of three and half hours of their day, makes me wonder:

How much of the “kool aid” are they willing to drink?

I couldn't tell for sure, but my guess is that you can expect the same reaction than the people in Guyana. It's the exact same effect, only that they are not being requested to kill themselves (yet).

• Hecce
    Hecce

The original information was that the meeting was going to be translated to Spanish simultaneously, later on it was determined that it was going to be English only and that the Spanish translation will be online thereafter.

Seems like the smart thing to do was to have only the ones that speak English at the live meeting and let the others listen online later; but that will be too easy.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Morpheus; quite a lot do take blood secretly, I have a feeling many wouldn't drink the KoolAid and it could see the literal end of them if they ordered it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Id need some proof of that joke. Never saw it

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think Ray touched on it in CoC, it would be a subject one could never get accurate stats on because no active jw in a million years would stand up and admit to ever receiving a blood transfusion and medical services would never release that kind of data either

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Agreed that ststs would be impossible but i never saw it personally. I saw 3 die from refusing over the years, never heard or even saw a hint of anyone taking blood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit