A religon of the women, by the men, for the men

by never a jw 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yeah just read the Bible it all about how woman are just a mans property and their always getting raped and having to eat their still born children because of their loving god. It's amazing woman gave anything todo with Christianity at all.

• yoko N
    yoko N

do the minimum to stay off the radar of congregation police,

hahaha, I like this.

Yes, they really act like police!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOR:

You pretty much accurately described the real social situation in the Witness religion.

I agree with you that many female JWs stay there because they have a social setting where they "fit in". Well, I never really fit in and maybe that's a good thing. I was busting my a$$ earning a living and being criticized for it, so I was always on the outs. I do feel that these women who think they have a good thing going with a social setting, put up with an incredible amount of BS with gossiping. They take turns being shredded by gossip and they are also targeted to do favors. Well..they can HAVE it.

You are also right that sisters have to grab a guy when they are young. I came in as a twenty something and all the decent guys were taken. I wasn't interested in the unattractive leftovers.

You are correct that even a famous criminal can have women chasing him, but many good (and attractive) women maybe don't find even one man in a lifetime.

You are right about all the dating sites: too many women. Sadly, many women lower their expectations and standards (WAY low) just because they don't want to be lonely! To each his own.

• TD
    TD
    You are correct that even a famous criminal can have women chasing him, but many good (and attractive) women maybe don't find even one man in a lifetime.

In a closed social group with a 60/40 gender distribution, there is no question that women are going to be lonely.

Before projecting that observation onto the rest of the world, stop and think about the effect of this phenomenon. The ability of charismatic figures (Religious and otherwise) to attract and hold a disproportionate number of females means that other males are going to be excluded.

How else could the numbers possibly play out?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TD:

Not sure what you are getting at. There's just a few of these "charismatic" types we're talking about here. So, it doesn't matter how many women supposedly want them.

Just because some women desire to be with a famous criminal or other charismatic figure is not going to hurt the chances of the average guy. There are far too many women around for that to make a difference.

But, in getting back to the point I MADE in my post above:....there are far fewer choices of DECENT men for a woman whether in the JW religion or even in the general public, as far as I AM concerned!!

• TD
    TD

Not sure what you are getting at.

Pure math.

Regardless of whether it's a single, charismatic individual with a handful of female followers or a religion like the JW's, with a membership in the millions, the overall effect is less available women.

In other words, for every woman trapped in the JW faith with no hope of finding a decent man, there is a man out there in the "world" somewhere who is lonely too.

Kinda sad, huh?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TD:

Yeah, it's sad I suppose if you are a non-JW man who desires a particular JW woman who is only looking for a brother.

But, there are still enough other women in the world for you to choose from. So, there should not be a problem.

• waton
    waton

perhaps 20% of sisters within my horizon have shed their husbands*** one way or another, exjw or not. most give no sign of being "lonely" for horizontal companionship. They are the bad influence on sisters with laggard, fading, disfellowshipped( for apostasy) husbands to free themselves too,--from that burden or "danger to their spirituality"

***with very lucrative settlements, featherbedding.

The herd instinct, drive to conformity in the religion goes way beyond doctrinal lock stepping, it is hormone driven.*

• TD
    TD

My interest is purely academic, as I've been married for just over forty years.

In that regard, my wife's willingness (As a Pioneer, no less) to marry a man who was just studying probably speaks for itself. (i.e. this problem is nothing new...)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TD:

Were you the person she was studying with OR did your wife leave you for somebody else?..(Your post can be taken two ways.)

Pioneer or not, the heart is treacherous and everything these wonderful "spiritual people" supposedly believe goes out the window!

I saw several instances when I was in the religion of men getting rid of their wives and coming back with another woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit