Evidence of a form of telepathy, science and personal experiences.

by Bad_Wolf 35 Replies latest social current

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Certainly, such things as body language and the subconscious mind should not be underestimated. It is said that as much as 80% of all communication is non-verbal, while the subconscious mind remains something of an unexplored territory.

However, what I observed while working amongst what might be termed "indigenous persons" could not be put down to body language, and occurred far too frequently to be coincidence (or the result somebody eating a meal of indigestible food, then suffering a bad attack of flatulence!). Admittedly, some of it was a direct result of their highly developed powers of observation, added to a lifetime of experience - leading to what might at first sight seem uncanny skills at tracking (as in the case of Australian Aborigines, or the San people of southern Africa). Even so, there were still many occurrences that went beyond what observation and experience could have explained.

Okay, "Supernatural" is a rather loaded term. What I repeatedly saw during my time in Papua New Guinea, though, defies explanation from scientific thought at its current level of understanding. I would sure like to know what was going on!

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    There are tons of things that fall into the category of supernatural and all should not be treated equal.
    Well there is something equal about them, which is none of them have actual evidence to support them. It is on that basis that they are treated equally.

Do you know that using and mixing herbs to treat sickness and conditions used to be considered "magic". "Magic potions"? Do you know the work for pharmacy comes from greek word pharma, which is the word translated in the bible as magic or spiritism? They used to believe sickness and the cures were magic. Until technology allowed us to see and learn about viruses, bacteria, immune system, etc, a lot of it was thought 'super natural'.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    If mild form of telepathy is one day proven to be scientifically based and rational explanation, it will no longer be 'supernatural'.
    Ok sure. Then let's agree to wait for that day to say that it's real.

I do. As technology advances, and more brain scans and detection devices are developed, to look back on some things for further study. If in the future, we had the technology or ability to discover how telepathy worked or if we had a mild form of it, but all scientists and qualified ones to research that dismissed it as non sense. It would be like them saying today that no research in medication will happen because magic potions are supernatural nonsense.

• cofty
    cofty

'The Enlightenment' people.

Ever since then we have investigated the world using the scientific method. No magic explanations allowed.

Telepathy hasn't been ignored, it had been researched and failed under scientific conditions 100% of the time.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

There are cases of observable phenomena that, despite centuries of research, still remain unexplained.

One such case that comes to mind is that of ball lightning (something that grabbed my attention at the age of 13, when a fireball narrowly missed our house before demolishing the electricity substation opposite!). At a recent seminar on lightning protection, I heard a university lecturer admit that it was something that had been, to quote "puzzling researchers for centuries." Furthermore, according to him, until about 100 years ago, ball lightning had been dismissed as nonsense.

By no means is all that is to know yet known to science!

• cofty
    cofty
    By no means is all that is to know yet known to science

Of course not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit