Local elder dies of starvation

by Steel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

Well , not really.

Our hall recently had a secret collection for our head elder who is almost on the verge of becoming homeless. I guess he lost some cleaning contracts because his clients were just sick of his no shows because of his pioneer work. There is always something more important to do than earn a living.

This is the same assholes he is always shaming people to not doing enough. For putting their careers over handing out magazines no one wants.

I hope my wife doesn't give this clown a cent.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some men live for power , even when delusionaly inspired and concocted by a corrupt religious publishing house (WTS)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

What a sad story in this stupid religion.

To be honest with you, I don't think this man has much on the ball. This only furthers my belief that men are appointed elders because of their performance in a religion not in touch with reality.

No intelligent person really thinks somebody should do service if they are in immediate danger of starving. In most congregations, some brothers would pull this guy aside and tell him to take care of his personal business. This sounds like an extreme case.

I don't blame you for not wanting your wife to give him money as it would just be enabling this. This is why I'm glad I'm not in the religion anymore because I couldn't bear being faced with this insanity.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

A secret collection?

Almost homeless??

How do they know if this is not Jehovah's will for him to serve in that specific field where the need probably is great?

Who needs houses and property anyway with the end so very close?

• krismalone
    krismalone

If a person were to take literally all the b.s. the Governing Body says, no one would get married, have children, have health insurance, savings account, no life insurance, no house, no decent car......no life! To be a happy as a JW, you must learn the secret to ignore their unreasonable demands of your time and life.

No one will verbally admit to doing this but that's the key to survive as a JW and have the little life left in you if leaving the cult completely is not possible.

The elder you mentioned did not know this secret and instead followed the GB word as coming from god. The GB lives in a 5 star resort, have access to healthcare, housekeeping, green handshakes (non taxable), transportation, vacations and the adulation and control of over 8 million brainwashed cult followers. Yet they use guilt and fear to keep their members from enjoying life.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, these ones will condemn those who work but GLADLY take YOUR money!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB members of the WTS in their senior years dont have to be concerned about being taken of financially because they have the WTS and its millions to live off . $$$$$$

All they have to do is come up with some bullshit to exploit money and labor out people such as the overlapping generation, then call it doing Jah's work.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

They recently had a WT article that showed an elderly sister, with very little in her refrigerator. They encouraged her (widow giving all in jesus day) to give what little income she had to the contribution box. Yes, rely on Jehovah congregation to support you while you give food/rent/healthcare money to us.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

These kind of guys need to fall on hard times !

When I was having a hard time back in the recession times a few years back , I went to another state trying to get consistent work . There I saw plenty of JWs struggling even those that had good trade skills. It was one of many things that helpeded me to wake up. There no god that’s going to help you, you have to help yourself!

• zeb
    zeb

So why weren't the elders claiming some money from the GB to help this man...

HM times here have we seen where uber parents have owned f*** all and then when the debts rolled in went crying to their non jw offspring for money while the jw offspring gave nought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit