They Are Going To Start Clamping Down With Staying At Home - Local Needs + GB Update #4

by thedepressedsoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I guess you no longer have to feign illness to miss a meeting. You can just claim your internet went out, which is probably more believable now that everyone is sheltering in place and sucking up bandwidth on their favorite streaming service. My internet goes out just about every time it rains and sometimes just because.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They know who shows up on zoom. Fully expecting you to be dressed up on camera. Extra encouragement text meeting every day for an half hour or more. If you miss they call to ask of your health. Health is waning because the local food provision consists of soft potatoes.

The only ones with stable zoom are the IT guys with better access through work at home set ups.

During the WT on being friends by giving money One wag commented that the congregation sends money to branch so we need only give locally. She was supposed to say we need to make 2 donations

• millie210
    millie210

Not really questioning the theory, I love the analogy of cats not needing to be herded because they are all in a big gilded cage now - seems plausible.

That said, what about old faithful people with no internet access?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I thought it was easier with the zoom meetings. You show your face for the first two minutes and then shut down the video and go and cut the grass.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Question: What’s the motivation here? So you are saying the GB are telling people to stay home, and if they don’t, they will be dragged in front of a committee? Why do they want you to stay home so much? This doesn’t seem logical.

• Davros
    Davros
    I thought it was easier with the zoom meetings. You show your face for the first two minutes and then shut down the video and go and cut the grass

Agree , except the cutting the grass part..

In my case, is going elsewhere in the house where you are just in earshot of the meeting and having a nice adult beverage or two.

• sir82
    sir82
    You show your face for the first two minutes and then shut down the video and go and cut the grass.

In our congregation fully half the attendees shut down the video for the whole meeting. I strongly suspect there are adult beverages and other "stuff" going on.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Because your local gestappo(elders) know where you are now, at home.

For some personal reasons I still have to tune in to the ZOOM garbage.

I just log in, use no camera or mic, and go about my business as normal. There is no way with the sound and video off on my end that they know what I am doing while logged on. Last Sunday I used that two hours to go grocery shopping, and vacuum the living room. When it was close to the time the meeting would end I checked the computer, saw that they were doing the last prayer, and as soon as the final "Amen" was said I clicked on the "Leave Meeting" button and was on to the next activity for the day.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

That said, what about old faithful people with no internet access?

Who cares about them? Certainly no elders. They didn't give a flying fornicate about my elderly parents, going so far as to openly ridicule my mother suffering from Alzheimer's, and antagonize my grieving father prior to both parents deaths. Now if only my sibling would get off my back about having to forgive!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    sir82: In our congregation fully half the attendees shut down the video for the whole meeting. I strongly suspect there are adult beverages and other "stuff" going on.

I experienced almost the same thing...I was on a JW gawd awfully boring zoom meeting recently. I listened in on both midweek and Sunday meetings...on both days there were about 85 different devices zoomed-in. The hilarious thing about it was that about a third (between 25 to 30) individual devices had their camera/video turned off. That is a rather large amount of attendees who opted out of wanting to be seen on camera. The elders can't be too happy about that!🤣🤣🤣

The equivalent to that is if at an actual Kingdom Hall meeting 30% to 50% of those in attendance were to gather in the lobby to chit chat while the meeting is going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit