JWs Changing "Baptism Questions" Effective May 13?

by Room 215 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"Do you dedicate your life to perpetuate the existence of the publishing and real estate development Corporation?"

• LV101
    LV101

^^^^^ this! Perfect, nowwhat.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?”

Me thinks this change in the wording of the 2nd baptismal question and the elimination of the words 'Spirit Directed' will be a major game changer for many a JW already on the fence!

The organization shoots itself in the foot yet again!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    (2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?”

Me thinks this change in the wording of the 2nd baptismal question and the elimination of the words 'Spirit Directed' will be a major came changer for many a JW already on the fence!

Is it just me? Or, does anyone see the hands of the Legal Dept in the elimination of "Spirit Directed"? Can you imagine someone trying to squeeze out of DF/DA on the "loophole" that the Cong/Borg must prove they are "Spirit Directed" for the old baptismal question to apply?

Or, maybe I'm reading too much into it?

(Deja vu -- also posted on the other string about "new files")

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Could be DOC, they cannot entirely leave out the second question though, they need that so they can DF you at any time.

When I was dunked in the early '60's no such question was asked. So I guess on that basis, legally they cannot DF me for "disloyalty", though they claim that all the while you were in you accepted the changes, and it is as if you vowed anyway, how that would play out in Court though would be interesting !

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Is it just me? Or, does anyone see the hands of the Legal Dept in the elimination of "Spirit Directed"?

Well of course, most all decisions made in the bOrg these days are driven from legal or finance, this was probably communicated to the GB who signs off on it, and cascades it down.

The GB is not that bright, and they are pretty much used as front men. They probably just worried about buying liquor and adult diapers.

• asp59
    asp59

Theres no holy spirit in KHs . So they got that right

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JWs Changing Baptism Questions!

This organization is on a path of going from dumb to dumber!🤣

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

how that would play out in Court though would be interesting ~ Phizzy

You'd have to have free legal to find out because they do. Otherwise they'd put you into bankruptcy,

• waton
    waton

With that, they just dumped "the most powerful force in the universe" from their initiation rites, or

should we say induction wrongs? wrong! not use Christ's explicit baptism formula instruction, at least to pretend and call yourself "Christian"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit