It’s My Anniversary!

by jp1692 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• jp1692
    jp1692

Today is the four year anniversary of the last time I set foot in a Kingdom Hall.

It was the day of the Kool-Aid issue of the WT!

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.” - Watchtower, November 15, 2013
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Kudos, jp!

If that statement wouldn't wake one up, I wonder what could . . .

Best wishes on your journey.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Thanks, CoCo!

• millie210
    millie210

Hi jp,

Was that your last day because of the article or was it a building up of other things?

Either way, congratulations for improving your life by leaving!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congratulations jp1692

It is better living in the truth isn't it ?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Happy anniversary! it's been 18 years for me.

Nice to know at least some people recognized how cultish it was to announce they were going to ask people to do really stupid things.

• LV101
    LV101

Happy 4th, jp1692 and many more!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Happy anniversary, or should I say birthday, in a way 🤗

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

There were several things I couldn’t accept over the years and that line right

there “ follow our instructions whether or not they sound strange from a

human standpoint” was probably the big point that finished me off. I had been

in over 60 years now and brought in when I was six by my parents. My wife

and I were watching a documentary a few months ago on the Waco incident

with David Koresh. They showed a clip of him teaching his followers and I

promise he said that same line to them almost exactly word for word. I looked

over at my wife and she never said a word. I haven’t been to a meeting in months

and quit the field service over a year and a half ago. I haven’t commented

on here in a long time and I read and study the Bible and commentaries on my

own. The wife is still in 100%. She is a born in.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

happy anniversary jp1692 Watchtower, November 15, 2013 It really boggles the mind to think so called intelligent people actually accept this statement and still support the organization that promotes it.

They are actually told to obey an instruction from the GB that is not sound or practical ?

And they accept that and go along with It ?

This is an organization that is heading down the road of David Koresh /Wacol / The family and every other doomsday cult that has brought misery to those who have had any connection with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit