Would you ever......?

by ctrwtf 13 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well I pioneered for four years and gave up my career as a chemical analyst for the GB.

So when I left I put on my CV I was a bible teacher to help me get the voluntary job I have now.

Employers don't like to see gaps in your CV. They also like to know reason for leaving previous job. So I have put it all.

Kate xx

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Good on you Kate!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    My husband wrote on his CV that he used to be a minister of religion. When asked at interview why he was one no longer he said because he became an atheist. His career went from strength to strength, eventually he was a project engineer for a company sending machinery all over the world, although he did need a physics degree as well. As Kate says in the UK particularly employers do not like gaps in your CV. His colleagues sometimes thought it was funny that he used to be a minister ( he was an elder for four years) but it didn't hurt his career.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Anyone who dares jotting down this in the list of accomplishments, do not be surprised if the interview/job doesn't come. Don't do it!

It screams "looney" or "coo coo for cocoa puffs"! 😜

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit