Bible Reading Assignment This Week is About THE LEVIATHAN

by xjwsrock 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

JWs falsely give credence to the idea that the Leviathan described in Job is a crocodile. But anyone reading that passage of scripture can clearly see that it's not describing a mere crocodile.

Are crocodiles invulnerable to harpoons and fishing spears? (Job 41:7)

Does fire and smoke come out of the mouth of a crocodile? (Job 41:19-21)

Are crocodiles invulnerable to swords and spears? (Job 41:26)

Job 41 is very obviously not describing a mere crocodile. The description given is of an animal that is dragon-like (fire-breathing). I believe it's possible that Leviathan is the Hebrew version of the dragon. Yes, the bible does speak of the dragon as if it were an actual animal. That bible writers believed in dragons, is clearly seen from Job 41 as well as the book of Revelation where the dragon is used as a metaphor for satan. Metaphors are drawn from real life so the fact that Revelation uses the dragon as a metaphor for satan must mean that its writer believes dragons are real.

But Watchtower and many christians don't dare admit this troubling and embarrassing reality about the bible - that it implicitly teaches the existence of mythical creatures.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Woodworth and Fisher wrote the Finished Mystery, rather than Russell. Their interpretation of the Leviathan was one of the most bizarre the WT has ever come up with.

I have read somewhere that the Leviathan passage was a reference to a previously existing myth about a Chaos monster conquered by God in the creation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Crocodile my ass, this story is about the beast that Baal fights while at war with the sea god Yamm. Another story in the bible the Dragon is called Rahab. In the Babylonian story of creation Marduk fights against the mother goddess and Dragon named Tiamat.
  • prologos
    prologos

Puff the magic dragon lives by the sea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lmAc3LKWM

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Lol puff the magic dragon....

I can't believe how the Dunba$$ writers at WT can shove this crocodile BS out on the table and everybody just nods their head like stupid children. Crocodiles don't have necks to speak of at all. They sure as hell don't breathe smoke and fire. And they don't rise up.

Dragons do rise up and they have long necks and they breathe fire and smoke. Just sayin'.

Hey here's an idea WT.... Stop faking like ancient bull shi@ is something real and sensible. And why the hell would God almighty refer to a stupid a$$ crocodile to prove his power anyway? The stupidity is endless.

WT writers.... You are con-artists. You are liars. Get a real job. Do something with your pathetic life.

• prologos
    prologos
      smoke is involved.:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-Bhs_HAOA   Yjis passage in Job, ranks of course with the talking snake, walking on water  and other magic stuff, so consider that all the upper echelon in wt believe this and if they don't want you to believe this. as they said at IBM: Thimk!
  • pixel
    pixel

Does fire and smoke come out of the mouth of a crocodile? (Job 41:19-21)

This.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

They are describing Godzilla with a nose ring...anyone remember the Godzilla series...remember the scales on his or her back...(Hollywood didn't lift up Godzilla's skirt to see if male or female). Yes, maybe it could be a crocodile or alligator, in the beginning of the description, but breathing smoke & fire....Now that's a Dragon....but since JW's can't figure & can't explain, because they are too afraid of the realness of life...it goes over their heads...to say, hey maybe there were dragons & dungeons...

I'm a witness...but I don't live in a fantasy JW world. Many things are not explained....& don't care. Everything can't be explained...& that's ok...We humans have to have the answer to everything. But what is really important is ..WHILE WE ARE HERE ON EARTH....TREAT ONE ANOTHER WELL. LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER...Because knowing all this doesn't really matter, if you need food, clothing & a roof over our heads. If I've learned anything from the bible at all, IS BE GOOD TO OUR FELLOW MAN/WOMAN.

Some JW's & humans have missed that message, altogether....

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit