Is it me or were the experiences at the assemblies really contrived?

by keyser soze 21 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My favorite were the ones where they were reading a WT publication in the break room at work, and an inquisitive co-worker, thirsty for spiritual knowledge approaches them. This leads to an informal witness, which eventually leads to bible study and baptism.

In all my years of working, I've never had anyone show the slightest bit of interest in what I was reading while I was on my break at work. But as I said, maybe it's just me.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its not a lie, if you believe it

-G Costanza

• sir82
    sir82

"Contrived" is too subtle a word.

"Complete bull-pucky" is more accurate.

Seriously, virtually everything you hear as an experience on the stage is about 90% CO-added commentary "to make it more encouraging", tucked around 10% truth.

• blondie
    blondie

The use the word "reenactment" rather than "demonstration". We noticed that they would have a couple and children from another family acting as their children. Or a family or couple from that district "reenacting" an event from somewhere else supposedly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve never known of any assembly experiences that were 100% truthful..

I was forced into one as a little kid..What actually happened was never told..

Everyone I`ve talked to or read about,has had the same experience..

The experiences you hear from the WBT$/JW assembly stage..

Are fabricated to fit a WBT$/JW story line..

Image result for Watchtower logo

Image result for fiction

• sparky1
    sparky1

This is the original experience of Joe Publisher and family to be used on the Circuit Assembly program.

This is the version presented at the Circuit Assembly after it has been 'massaged' and 'filled out' by the Circuit Overseer.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

My ex-spouse gave an experience at an assembly. During the practice sessions, the overseer tended to "adjust" and embellish the story because "it would benefit the district more." Each practice session changed the story a little more each time. My spouse had a troubled conscience with the way that it was changed and the lying involved. It was a terrible weight, but the storied was conveyed to the overseer's delight. Needless to say, my ex-spouse is still in and I'm out.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

From memory they were over fabricated but once its realized that devout JWS live in a state of psychological delusion, this shouldn't be surprising.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

All I can say is the experience I gave at a district convention was in no way contrived. They had to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to find me, though.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I remember sitting at an assembly years ago, and hearing the CO relate an experience about informal witnessing in car parks at grocery stores.

He used the account from us, (even saying it happened to ones in our circuit) then embellished it so much that it no longer resembled the actual events in any way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit