Jesus Believed In Adam and Eve

by Parker 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Well from what is ideal and godly of course. Very clear from the media. They have forsaken thy Law 🤔
  • cofty
    cofty

You said 'creation is fallen' - 'from what is ideal'.

What does that mean? What would an 'ideal creation look like?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There is a theory that the garden of Eden represents the “golden age” of man before civilization....before farming, land ownership, competition for resources and the misery and (as we are now suffering) the disease that accompanied it.

So in other words man looked back at a simpler time when there was less of us and plenty to hunt and gather.....perhaps they imagined a world without conflict.

I think we are given to see the past through rose coloured specs.

• cofty
    cofty

Diogenesister - I agree. Rousseau's myth of the noble savage seems to have regained popularity in the green movement. Steven Pinker does a good job of showing that pre-state society was 'solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short' as Hobbes claimed.

I'm really curious to know exactly what people like Joel mean when they harp back to some mythical time 'before the fall'. They never seem to be willing to be specific.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

It is very easy to answer what an ideal creation would be biblically speaking. That is a Law abiding creation. The prophets symbolised that with various images of peaceful animals etc. Adam and Eve, whatever they were or represents, lived by the Law until they broke it. We all do until we sin (unlike in the Augustinian view) 😮

• cofty
    cofty

So humans and animals exactly like us except they never break the law - like mixing two sorts of thread or boiling a calf in its mother's milk. Is that what you mean by 'ideal'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit