Anyone recall someone disfellowshipped for gluttony???

by James Mixon 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well, while i dont wish people to be overweight, i also dont think its a religions business to creat community shunning over it.

If they took the initive to encourage a healthy lifestyle (outside of walking in fs) i would applaud that, perhaps under the guise of treating life as sacred or viewing the body as a gift from god or whatever.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Morpheus: i also dont think its a religions business to creat community shunning over it.

Well of course, but I think you're missing the point. Probably none of us ex-JWs want anyone shunning anyone for anything.

This is about exploring why this one particular "deadly sin" out of the Biblical seven is so obviously and scrupulously avoided by the WT leadership.

They'll invade your privacy and get in your bed and say you can't get or give head, but they turn a blind eye to one of the most physically obvious sins of all.

• jp1692
    jp1692

You know what Morpheus, the assholes running this cult break families apart and coerce people to shun family members just for asking questions or because they quit going to meetings.

I think you've lost perspective.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pete Zahut - Ts this the CO in question?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh my jp.... ive lost perspective? You seem deeply informed with my perspective on the cult and yet i cant seem to ever recall making your acquaintance or having a discussion with you vis a vie my views on the cult. Perhaps its your perspective thats a bit warped and you reading more into a simple discussion on a comparatively small matter than is really there. Have a drink and relax ;) one shot wont make you fat

• jp1692
    jp1692

Fair enough Morpheus. I'm having that drink now. Let's revisit this tomorrow!

Cheers mate!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The fact that you would need two witnesses to prove anybody is a glutton , I cant see that anybody would ever be DF or even counselled for that offence .

How or who decides who a glutton is ?

Who in the world today of 8 Billion people could you claim is a glutton ?

I wouldnt be able to point the finger at one individual in my circle of friends or associates past and present.

Then again if a group of Bros.& sisters go out for a meal together and one person over indulges themselves on the food provided not because he/she is a glutton but simply being overjoyed of the occasion if two people accuse them of being a glutton ,what defence could one bring on his behalf.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It is, of course, simply unheard of for anybody to be disfellowshipped for this "crime". However, were it possible for that to happen, I do recall at least one person who would have "fitted the bill", as the saying goes!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Never heard of a person being DF for gluttony but a friend's husband was told he would not be made an elder because his wife was overweight and therefore she must be a glutton. Small minded judgemental twat! People can become overweight for reasons other than food.

• waton
    waton
    only what can be proven on a piece of paper.

Morpheus, and that piece of paper is not the bill you see when you leave an "all you can eat" buffet restaurant. The amount is always the same, but: The amount of food that can be devoured in these places is astounding, 2 Prayer meals, to start giving thanks, when finished,--- asking forgiveness, for--- gluttony.

Only bested by the habit of vomiting in the bathroom to have room to eat more. Size bsw, might be a hormonal issue, not only volume of food.

Obese people seem to be already disfellowshipped from wt illustrations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit