Whole families leaving the Org has increased

by pomo6780 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

I have noticed in the UK a few families I used to know while in the Borg have exited together. Some include former elders and ministerial servants. I observed on social media pages that the kids have 'worldly' boyfriends and girlfriends and they look so much happier than they did in the Org. In fact, they look healthier and more vibrant. I think the main reason for leaving is that the kids have introduced their parents to their friends not in the org and the parents wake up after seeing the world isn't bad after all. I'm really happy for them that they have escaped this cult!

Have you seen whole families leave? If so, for what reasons?

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I haven't personally seen entire families leave at once, but it's not surprising. Primarily the shunning arrangement and the ARC scandal are the reasons for most leaving.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I helped one family leave. Does that count? There was a brother in another hall that I had a decent friendship with and I told him stuff slowly. Eventually I introduced him to CofC.

He left, and his family went with.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can't say I remember a whole family leaving.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Pomo 6780...are you able to say which areas ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

I can imagine why this might be....... Mum days to dad "I wouldn't shun you or the kids if you or they left." Dad says,"No, nor would I", then the children agree nor would they shun any family member. So dad says:

"Then what are we all doing staying in this stupid religion!!"

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@pomo6780: "...they look so much happier than they did in the Org. In fact, they look healthier and more vibrant."

Whaaaaat?! You mean, they don't look like this?!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha @wake me! Great screen shot from that appealing propaganda video!

Yes, apparently the second a witness leaves, their life simply falls apart.....because it's impossible to be happy without being a Jw......

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I knew a very committed family that left when the youngest daughters marriage hit the rocks, combined with the generation teaching failure. They were not going to shun her for divorcing because of a religion whose major doctrine just failed.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I have known whole families leave. But, to be fair, they were all "touchy" types, easily offended about everything and everyone. It was always because someone had "stumbled" them over some real or imagined slight. They would talk about the event for years after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit