Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav
    For the record I don’t know of any Trump supporters who paint swastikas, attack Asians and slur people.

I actually believe you. I just don't get why you wrote that in the context of the discussion

• minimus
    minimus

If you watched certain news outlets you would be thinking America was so racist! People with swastikas, people attacking Asians and slurring one another. Of course there are some people that do this but it doesn’t represent what the country typifies.

• minimus
    minimus

Ix, I have faith in you. You will figure it out. I’m rooting for you.

• iXav
    iXav
    If you watched certain news outlets you would be thinking America was so racist! People with swastikas, people attacking Asians and slurring one another. Of course there are some people that do this but it doesn’t represent what the country typifies.

Would you apply the same principle to the way minorities are painted by certain media outlet?

• iXav
    iXav
    Ix, I have faith in you. You will figure it out. I’m rooting for you.

I need to pray more and ask for holy ghost

• minimus
    minimus

Ix, explain what your asking?

• iXav
    iXav

@minimus, explain what I am asking? Which comment are you referencing?

• minimus
    minimus

If someone supported Trump and had a Nazi symbol, does that suggest that Nazis and Trump were in bed together? If you say not necessarily, than what’s your point?? If a guy shoots a bunch of Republicans at a baseball game. I’m not going to suggest that the guy represents all Democrats.

• minimus
    minimus

Would you apply the same principles???

• iXav
    iXav

Oh I see,

You made a good point about the media exacerbating things by portraying what some Trump supporters might do or might not do. My comment is about applying the same principle to the way the media also portrays minorities just to get people riled up and increase viewership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit