Ladies: Circumcision or not?

by Wonderment 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

The topic of circumcision has been brought up a few times recently. Then I wondered...

How do women really view circumcision? Do the ladies here have any preferences?

• ULFBERHT
    ULFBERHT

There are apparently some folks who feel very strongly about the subject. I had a Facebook chat with some folks who are very much against it. I was told that I should hate and disown my parents for having the procedure done on me when I was an infant. When I replied that it really wasn't a big deal to me, and that I had much more important reasons to hate and disown my parents, I was told by these self-proclaimed "Intactivists" (all of them women, which I found slightly ironic) that I should never be allowed to have children, that there was absolutely no way I could ever satisfy a woman sexually, that I would never have a fulfilling sexual relationship, that I am broken, etc. I even had woman go into this super long diatribe detailing what the experience was like for me as an infant, like she was in the room and saw it happen.

All I said to start this whole nonsensical attack was that I don't really hold a grudge against my parents for deciding to have it done for me, that there was nothing I could do about it now, so why get all worked up about it?

Whackos.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment
    It is hard to understand why some people react so strongly against the practice, as unforgivable sin. Obviously these people were not Jewish.
  • cofty
    cofty

Men - Female genital mutilation or not?

Why should women's preferences even be interesting in whether a baby boy gets part of his penis cut off?

It's a cultural fashion in America and a superstitious practice among Jews everywhere.

Stop it!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i suppose it depend if a woman likes peeling an onion.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

The actual anatomy has no bearing on the priority in a relationship. If a man is generous, considerate, has a sense of humour and intelligent. It doesn't matter to me if he does or doesn't have foreskin.

I have no preference

Kate xx

• stillin
    stillin
    ULF, I think you happened upon a bunch of femi-nazis. Wow!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    The OP doesn't distinguish male or female circumcision. I am sure that I am preaching to the converted when I come s to FGM but shouldn't both sexes be slightly uncomfortable about mutilation of babies.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Circumcision is awesome! I thank my mama everyday for getting me circumcized. What's wrong with having a fun stick that looks like a one-eyed cobra that is about to strike!
  • tiki
    tiki
    Horrible inhuman deplorable detestable....a woman needs the clitoris. A man needs a penis....he doesn't need extra skin on the end. No parallel unless you are talking about Lorena bobbit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit