Hearts going out to those in the Fort Mac area

by Dagney 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

A few posters on here live in Fort McMurray, Canada where there is a devastating fire. One at least has lost her home and beloved dog.

Thinking of you all.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/catastrophic-fort-mcmurray-wildfire-surpasses-10-000-hectares-1.3566310

• newgirl
    newgirl
    My prayers go out to them.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Thinking of those affected by this devastating fire. We feel so powerless in these situations.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So sorry to hear of this.

There's a really helpless feeling when you face a natural disaster. We've faced several hurricanes and it's terrifying as you watch it barrel down on you and there's nothing you can do but flee...and then wait it out.

My condolences on losing a pet. They are members of the family and heartbreaking to lose.

My kind thoughts are with all affected.

• Dagney
  • zeb
    zeb

My heart goes out to the Canadians caught in this inferno.

• flipper
    flipper
    We send our thoughts and hopes for all up in this area of Canada. We had our share of wildfires up in Northern California last year- and it's pure hell. So much devastation. We are with you in spirit. Sincerely, Mr. Flipper
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Oh I am so sad!! The devastation is immense. Thinking of all those affected.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I am hoping all have been evacuated safely and am sending my condolences regarding the loss of homes, pets, personal belongs.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That news article is so detailed. I've been evacuated for fire - a few times. What is described in that article,however, is unfathomable.

My heart goes out to all who live/lived in that area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit