Was your faith in Armagedddon connected to current events?

by Wasanelder Once 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember when Nixon resigned? The big A was here some said. Remember 1986 and the "International Year of Peace and Security? How close to JW doctrine can you get? Lots of JW's were convinced that was it. Then Bush daddy said Peace and Security on TV and everyone pooped their pants over it. Then there was the Kingdom Hall bombing in Australia, now that was the whore of Babylon turning on religion, right? How about when the Iron Curtain fell and the "preaching work was opened up"? The big A would be here soon! Of course the wars in Iraq and where ever. Now its Covid,.

Did you blow in the wind of current events when it came to Armageddon? How about now. Have you heard from JW 's you know how the news has strengthened their confidence in the nearness of the end? How do you counter that, or can you?

• St George of England
    St George of England

I remember the Cuba Missile Crisis. This was the beginning of Armageddon, but it all blew over.

George

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think armageddon will start in america.

maybe they will let the rest of us know about it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If you read Russell's volumes of Millennial Dawn/Studies in the Scriptures he mentions so many obscure political and social happenings that seemed like a noteworthy "sign" to him at the time, but are unremembered & laughably insignificant now. The same thing has always happened with cults before and after in time. That's why education is important, to view yourself, your life and surroundings in perspective.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

How do you counter that, or can you?

Just use and apply the facts that so called certain world events propagated by the WTS/JWS as being (signs of the times) have been happening for the past 2000 years and sometimes even more so, including pandemic plagues.

JWs for most part aren't well educated and the WTS heads (GB) exploit that to their advantage.

• iXav
    iXav

i think armageddon will start in america.

maybe they will let the rest of us know about it.

So true, God talks directly to the men in America

• Biahi
    Biahi

My mom was all worked up about “the end” when the COVID 19 thing started. I countered her with, “Didn’t they say the same after 9/11?”. She shut up. Lol, poor woman knows she’s in a cult, but will never admit it.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Have you heard from JW's you know how the news has strengthened their confidence in the nearness of the end?

Oh sure this recent virus problem has stoked up the awareness by JWS that the end is near and the direct causative blame for that suggestion is without a doubt by the GB leaders of the JWS stating .......Well brothers and sisters its obvious now we are at the end of the end of this system of things.

My own still in brother who I recently talked to said see !

People who are devout JWS will embrace and uphold anything the GB men say or what they read off of JWorg. because they think their words are truthfully sanctioned by god himself, so it must be true.

The leaders of the Watchtower Corporation have been mentally exploiting people's fears and ignorance for over 100 years, will they ever stop ?, probably not because in doing so they can continue to create a subservient following which in turn creates their own sustenance of power and money.

The truthful reality based upon facts and evidence is something else but if people are not educated upon those facts they are susceptible to be exploited.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Absolutely not connected to modern events. Armageddon is history....Revelation 16:16 was fulfilled in the first century.

https://www.revelationrevolution.org/revelation-16-a-preterist-commentary/

• iXav
    iXav
    Absolutely not connected to modern events. Armageddon is history....Revelation 16:16 was fulfilled in the first century.

That is actually a nice way of putting it. How do we then fill the void of not knowing there will be impending doom.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit