After 17 years, I went to a KH....really shocked!!

by Prometheus 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Prometheus
    Prometheus

After severe pressure from my family, I have decided to attend to the nearest KH. And a little history regarding my self: I became inactive and lost completely contact of the WT changes and "new light" 17 years ago.

Everything seemed so odd and strange during the meeting. Latest technology, animated movies, Watchtower web TV, a website that you can download everything, including KM and WT study articles. My relatives told me that in the D,A the drama was movie animated as well, so no more costumes or the anticipation from the assigned Cong to prepare the drama. And the cherry on the cake, the last song!!! Hell what was that!!!??? I thought I was in the Caribbean, drinking Pina Colada!

For someone who has been away for so long it looked like it was another religion, The only thing that looked very familiar, and confirmed that I was in WT meeting, was that the End is still near!!! I guess that is something that will never change.

I have seen elders in their late 20's!!! and MS in their late teens!!! I really don't know but it seems that the leaders of the WT are in deep confusion. In fear of loosing more members they are probably trying to become a mainstream religion. Despite GB effort, many of the older age elders are struggling to keep their teenage children in the "truth".

Being inactive I have been approached by the elders and offered a bible study!!! That will be very interesting to see what they will offer me to study, since all the books of my era are all consist apostate material now!!!

I will keep posting my observations and hope to get some more updates from the "apostates"

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

Warning. ...if they offer u a study don't take it because they will have expectations of you to confirm or they will eventually df u!!!

They are crafty buggers! !!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

If you lost track of "new light" then 17 years later the path should kinda look like this:

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Take them up on the study. Tell them when you left you were told the generation of 1914 would not pass away (I know they changed that just a little before you left, but they won't do the math). Ask them to explain that teaching to you as they currently understand it.

Stare at them like they are aliens if they actually do give you the "overlapping generation" bullshit.

Walk out on them. Should be priceless!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    A lot of people who have been away from the KH for more than 10 years doesn't even recognize things there anymore.
  • The Governor
    The Governor

I went to both meetings in my area introducing the new meeting layout. The comment from the 2013 Watchtower talking about obeying instructing whether they come from a human stand point or not.

Funny enough since I went to both meetings back to back the elder from the first meeting said to be able to live up to this we need not to rely on our own "imperfect reasoning." The second elder said all we need is true faith to live up to this standard.

The new song reminded me of the Jurassic Park theme song. Anyone?

The talks centred around donating and building stuff.

Where is Jesus in these meetings now-a-days?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Being inactive I have been approached by the elders and offered a bible study!!! That will be very interesting to see what they will offer me to study, since all the books of my era are all consist apostate material now!!!

I had the COBE and CO come to my door about 6 months ago to "encourage me" and offer a "free" home bible study. I replied that I knew where the COBE lived and I would get it touch with him if I wanted it.

As they turned away the CO said that they had "special study information" for those that needed it. I didn't rise to the bait as I am sure it was only a way to cull the flock from apostates if you offered any viewpoints that would differ from policy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, but they say it's all because "Jehovah's chariot is moving so quickly, and we all need to try and keep up"

Isnt it just a way of keeping everyone interested in "new shiny things"?

The novelty of the new things doesn't hide the facts about the society.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Seems Jesus is now a non factor these days.
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Ask them about the overlapping generation that will not pass. This consists of those current anointed ones who knew the 1914 generation of the Watchtower anointed ones. As has been explained by one of the members of the GB, if an anointed one met Fred Franz and is currently alive, he belongs to the overlapping generation that will not pass. Ask them where in the Bible we can get that absurdity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit