Weird Jehovah’s Witnesses

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is it my imagination or are most Witnesses weird, odd, and “different “? It seems every congregation has a couple of weirdo elders, pioneers and ministerial servants. And then you see those Witnesses who attend meetings but most people seldom associate with them because... they are eccentric.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    I have a small shop, Almost daily I get "weird" (confused, hopelessly naive, just darn peculiar) customers that makes me wonder how they survive in the world. Can't really say JWs have a monopoly on that. There are outliers in any society.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

Well, maybe it’s because they exemplify the bug-eyed stereotypical cult follower, automatically receptive to whatever conformity edicts and performance pressures coming down from “the top.”

That’s why. You see, they’re just desperately towing the (New York) party line in pursuit of “everlasting life,” replete with panda- lion-petting and sufficient levels of happiness/joy as to evoke vomiting from one’s ears!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    That goes with the territory. Most JWs who converted as adults have some emotional deficiency that led them down that path, and most born-ins have to subconsciously suppress their normality. So no matter how you end up there the results aren't usually good. Aka weird.
  • minimus
    minimus

Emotional deficiencies... I like it

• LauraV
    LauraV

me and my bf are born-ins no choice, but when an adult actually chose to join this warped cult, I just think something has to be wrong with them, maybe just a teeny tiny bit, but something is lacking from their lives or something

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

IDK...is a single guy who wears a coat and gloves and wool lined cap with ear flaps down in the middle of summer to complement his Bermuda shorts pulled on over sweat pants as he walks the streets of his town with Bible in hand accosting anyone he can with off the wall questions about Gee-HO'-Vah weird?

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

is it my imagination or are most Witnesses weird, odd, and “different “

I have never seen a weird Jehovah Witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W248IgOwhIw

• LV101
    LV101

Come on, guys, be nice! I was one of those adults but had heard about it from age 21 on and on and on. I have to say I was very impressed with a couple of people who joined up in our teen years. Not a good excuse but I loved reading the journals - the Awake and WT. I learned scriptures and believed the fantasies promised in those magazines -- stupid, I know. The magazines were nothing like the reality inside those miserable halls - I couldn't believe what a dichotomy between the mind-control journals and the reality of it all -- lots of coldness, bitterness and unhappy people.

Have to say I didn't hang around long.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

First off, the video above is classless.

In our congregation there was a brother who thoughtlessly put his hand in his pants to scratch himself before he reached to shake yours. Weird? Yes, but not because of the religion. There were overzealous ones who sang "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" while going door to door. (Quite eccentric.) People are people but since JW's are obligated to put up with the weird, classless and eccentric behavior there are a great many in the congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit