"Chicken Soup for the Apostate Soul."

by ChessaM 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ChessaM
    ChessaM

Hello all,

My article detailing my experience as a witness and dealing with child sexual abuse as well as outing my abuser is soon to be released. (I'm told in the next week or so.) Barbara Anderson encouraged me to post here. I'm usually on r/exjw known as radassociation.

I'm trying to get out ahead of it by writing a book. I was a regular pioneer for over 8 years and miss helping people and being dedicated to a cause. I have local charities and communities I'm apart of, but I want to do more for our community and more to empower myself to get through this next phase of possible legal battles, etc.

I am wanting to publish a book featuring a conglomeration of all our stories. Your challenges while in the organization, as well as how you have done overcoming those challenges, and where you are at now. If you are still in you are still welcome to submit. You can remain anonymous.

I hope doing this can help spread more awareness about the breadth and depth of the issues that everyone faces on behalf of this institution we were all subjugated to, as well as helping all of us to grow and heal together and form stronger bonds, as well as help others who are afraid to speak to feel like help is more accessible and hope is more promising.

I plan on highlighting places like r/EXJW and other forums online. I would also love submissions highlighting what sites and communities online like this one have done for you to help liberate and comfort you (Including Facebook and Youtube.)

Poems and other forms of media are also encouraged, as I am considering having some artwork in the book as well. I plan on having a paper publication as well as an e-version so art and photos welcome.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to comment them, or email me.

If you would like your name, contact information, or anything otherwise feel free to include it in the email you send with your submission. I am setting the deadline for July 27th.

Please submit all stories, etc to [email protected].

Thanks again!

- Chessa

• humbled
    humbled

Hello! Just saw this before l fell asleep.

Welcome, Chessa.

• Simon
    Simon

Sounds like a good project - I think the down-to-earth personal stories by regular people are things that others can really identify with and relate to and it makes them really powerful. People see that it isn't "just them" or just their congregation that has issues - it's how the WTS treats people and conditions it's adherents to treat people.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wish you well and success in all of your projects and welcome Chessa.

Some may wish to contact you via the pm option on this site .

The amount of people who are coming out wanting to expose this religion is mind boggling ,surely their must be an accounting of/ from them from law Enforcement`s .Governments , Charities Commission`s , Not For Profit Organizations ,Real Estate tax Evasion , etc.etc.

The chickens must come home to roost sooner or later don`t they ?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's great. Personally, I think the JWs who knew me are the ones who need to heal from when I was done with them. However, I know that's not the case, and there are many who need some comfort and healing. Their stories should be told.

Thanks for sharing. Best wishes.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hello ChessaM,

I look forward to reading your article when it becomes available and good luck with your book project. I would be happy to help.

I’m also writing a book (seems like a lot of us are).

Message me if you want.

Truthseeker

• ChessaM
    ChessaM

Hey there,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm making a video as well to talk about the book as well as some experiences. I am sure there are other channels like this out there, but I was considering starting a Youtube Channel or Podcast as well detailing survivor stories, especially from anonymous sources who are afraid to come out but would find relief in at least hearing their story told. Do you think this would be useful to the community?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi Chessa. Welcome to the forum and I wish you the very best with all your projects.

Stay strong, and thank you on behalf of everyone still suffering under watchtowers terrible rules on csa. You know by coming forward and telling your story - all our stories - those are the ones you help the most. In fact all the kids controlled by Watchtower are helped by getting the message out, whatever the media ; book, forum, video, song, poetry or documentary film.

Dio xx

NB just wondered if some folks may need a bit more notice if they don't already have something prepared? Just a thought :-)

• ChessaM
    ChessaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEr3oGJVUU&t=19s

Hey all, my video is live! Let me know what you think. I appreciate all the different opinions.

Thanks. :)

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree with Simon, the personal stories are very powerful.

I left in the summer of 2001, not influenced by anybody, it was the right thing for me to do. I wasn't very good at finding things on the internet, but somehow I stumbled on some sites, Randy's of course, and a few others that had personal stories of leaving. I remember one that I read through tears over and over again. I think her name was Shaun. I couldn't believe there was someone out there that thought just like me, had issues with the beliefs just like me, had family just like me.

Anyway...it is so encouraging to know you are not alone. Thank you for your efforts ChessaM, and welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit