Lame and werid sample presentations at the meeting

by purrpurr 13 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

They used to let bro's and sis's do the sample presentation and give them the leeway to put it in their own words thereby making it more natural. Not so anymore! These days the sample presentations are beamed from mother website.

They seem to have been written by someone who has no experience of how people talk in real life. The wording is strange and weird? If I was a householder and heard this it would be sounding major alarm bells for me. It makes the jw sound like a bizzare brain washed cult member! Seriously do the GB really think that this will help?!

And of course the householder is always so interested!! And always asks the right questions (!) Which never happens in real life either. I was looking around the hall as it was being shown and it was quite clear that not even the audience in the hall found the presentation interesting!

Does anyone else think that these presentation ideas are bizzare? I guess it's for the best in a way, the more weird a jw sounds on the doorstep the more likely the householder will be to tell the where to go.

• sir82
    sir82

I agree - no human being that I know talks the way that the shadows in those video presentations do.

That's what happens when people live in a compound isolated from the real world. They write stuff that has virtually no connection to reality.

Just wait until they move to Warwick later this year. WT content will seem to have been written by chatbots.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Way to go WT , the more ridiculous they sound at the doors , the less people will be entrapped .

Can anybody fill in the gaps ? as to what is actually said ? in these demo`s ?

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos
    Wt is creating a two-world view. The one with wt glasses,(can someone bring them back), where the Field Service is all charm, and the reality that exists in the real world which swings from apathy to real expressed resentment on the part of the public. Nobody is in awe of the messengers. it is just awful though.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

From a practically point of view - they are TOTALY worthless. They would help in no way make someone an effective teacher, in fact they do the opposite.

Can you imaging this type of thing being used in any other setting?

Imaging getting sales training like this, or being taught like this in a communications college course?

It is a total joke.

Unless you are just looking to create zombies.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Ttdtt yes they are looking to create zombies, but these zombies will sound mad. It's quite obvious to me that the GB have no outside input on how to public speak or how to pitch ideas or how to make sales. They think they know best and that's that.

Personally if I was still going out on the service i would be cringing at the idea of using these insane presentations!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I think they have up on training JWs to convert people d2d a while ago. These presentations are simply there to reinforce to JWs how a householder with the right "heart condition" should respond so as to reinforce the feeling that JWs are preaching truth and have it right, in spite of the fact that no one in the territory takes to it. It also subconsciously tells them that if they're not getting results, it's because they didn't get the presentation right, not because the message is utterly insane.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So here is me thinking that they sound daft because of the transition from USA English to the way Brits speak in conversation...

Seems they sound strange over there too.Like you though, the publishers take it in.... then ignore them when they go out.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    I don't think the presentation form the society are for the householder, I believe it's to further indoctrinate the Rank and File. It's to make them feel good about a total failure referred to as "The field ministry".
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Can we see these presentations? Has anyone uploaded them on Youtube? If someone could post a link, that would be great (and comical) - Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit