Follow The Truth

by Slidin Fast 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So it seems that Donald is set to launch a social media platform called "Truth Social". If you start the sign up to go on the wait list you are asked to "Follow The Truth". Uncomfortable.

Maybe it directs you to WT.Borg. The GB's big media centre push seems to have missed a trick.

• suavojr
    suavojr

😂 you have jokes today.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I may be joking but this is not a joke.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I would call it Freebook. or freetweet.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

So it seems that Donald is set to launch a social media platform called "Truth Social"....Maybe it directs you to WT.Borg.

Now that's funny. I give you the five star award for being today's funniest quip; 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

It was an Irishman, a British MP named Burke who said that the French Revolution would lead to terrors because the glue in society is religion. Napoleon got religion. He understood the role it played in society.

Look at the term 'Truth Social.' We were part of the Society, which professed to have the 'truth'. And what was their 'truth'? It was not Jesus Christ.

The same with the concept PRAVDA which is Russian for Truth. Pravda was the name of the official newspaper of the Communist Party.

Each of us has a choice - do we abdicate our powers of reason to someone else and allow them to process 'the data' draw the conclusions, put out a message and influence our decision making or do we work the data through our own minds and draw our own conclusions?

Who do you trust? Someone who wants to flog you something and exploit your good nature and willingness or yourself?

Adv, adv, adv - remember what it stood for.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Each of us has a choice - do we abdicate our powers of reason to someone else and allow them to process 'the data' draw the conclusions, put out a message and influence our decision making or do we work the data through our own minds and draw our own conclusions?

Freedom means we draw our own conclusions.

They may be wrong, and we may suffer the consequences, but at least we are not allowing someone else to determine what is right or wrong for us.

WT quote. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Exactly - each one of us is equipped intellectually. You've got a brain use it.

If you use it you stand a chance. But if you abdicate you reasoning to someone else, then you are dependent

a) on them having your best interests at heart

b) them getting it right.

I reckon the odds are better if you use your brain.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Better name would be Ministry of Truth

• LV101
    LV101

Yeah - read somewhere it's up 160%! Might have to sign up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit