There are two cart witnesses outside of my office window - Faneuil Hall in Boston - should I approach them?

by Billzfan23 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think you should ask them to answer the following questions from the bible because you know they have the answers.

1. Please explain Generations using the bible.

2. Please explain the Governing body using the bible

3. Please explain why you believe 607 from the bible

This is better than mentioning anything they would consider apostate and just shut down.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Beth-Sarim is in the Proclaimers book on page 76. (JW's still don't know about it)

ARC is a good topic and more current.

JW's can easily write off the old crazy stuff from the black-and-white picture days. GB member lying in court on youtube is pretty damning. Cognitive Dissonance for days! Lol........

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Don't be a regular ex-JW jerk, just mind your business.

DY

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think pointing out they can't prove their current beliefs using the bible has more long term value.

Really, the entire WT org rests on those 3 questions.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    I see at least 3 groups per day in downtown Boston now - they generally don't even make eye contact with people. They act like they are ashamed of their message and really try to blend in and hide. Has a single person ever been converted from a wash-towel from one of those carts?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

ttatt

Could you explain question 2?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Sure Vanderhoven7

There is NO scriptural support for a Governing Body in the bible.

The word NEVER appears - nor is this thought implied.

The scripture use is:

Acts 15 Now some men came down from Ju·deʹa and began to teach the brothers: “Unless you get circumcised according to the custom of Moses,+ you cannot be saved.” 2 But after quite a bit of dissension and disputing by Paul and Barʹna·bas with them, it was arranged for Paul, Barʹna·bas, and some of the others to go up to the apostles and elders in Jerusalem+ regarding this issue.*

Now if there was suposed to be a GB and they would Rule the Roost - why would there not be really specific scriptures dealing with it - say like the levites and priests in the old testament.

If you as your average JW - they have NO idea that GB does not appear in the bible.

For more info go to - http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/governing-body.php

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Don't be a regular ex-JW jerk, just mind your business.

I'll make a deal with you DY, once you stop being a JW jerk, coming to my door, promoting death dealing anti-blood policy, and quit promoting the breaking up of families via shunning - then only will I mind my own business.

• sir82
    sir82

they have NO idea that GB does not appear in the bible.

Actually, the term "governing body" now does appear in the new gray JW Bible. It is in the beginning-of-book summary for the book of Acts, in the part where they summarize chapter 15.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, cigarettes don't appear in the Bible too. But, we know that it is wrong to smoke them.

The word Governing Body is not a title, but a term to refer to for a Leadership. That exists in Governments, Business organizations, Clubs etc...It's not wrong to call the Leadership of the WT as a GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit