What was the point of the bunker video

by Crazyguy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    The pride of not wanting to take counsel? Seriously?

I love the way the man was suddenly driven to clean the toilets in a burst of self righteous humility. The bunker didn't get them very far, they may as well have been upstairs in comfort.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"And that no man might buy or sell, save that he had the mark, or the name of the beast or the number of his name." - Revelation 13:17 K.J.Version

As members of the Jehovah's Witness religion, during the Great Tribulation, I thought that they could not buy or sell anything unless they had the mark of the Beast.

So, :

Where did the men get the money for their fairly up to date clothing?

Where did the women get their money for up to date clothing and makeup?

Why was Brother Brown wearing a tie, since at this point in the Great Tribulation he probably would not have a job to go to?

Where did the Brown's get the money to pay their electrical bill and why was electricity still available since anarchy was beginning to take over?

What fully stocked grocery store did they purchase their bottled water at and where did they get the money from?

Why 'hide' in the cellar of the house since the door seemed to open right at street level? Would they have not been just as safe upstairs with the blinds drawn?

Where did the Brown's get the money to make their mortgage payment and property tax payments in the midst of the Great Tribulation?

There are so many unanswered questions. There was no POINT to the bunker video accept to SCARE Jehovah's Witnesses into becoming more loyal to the mother organization.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I kept looking at this subject, wanting to say something...but nothing came to mind that nobody didn't think of...It's a scare tactic. Plus it will drive up baptisms. There will be more baptisms because of this video. Young, & old. They need more #'s.. so why not scare folks to death...Many will get their children baptized before they even know what the word dedication means. This video will make folks make a mad dash to the water.

Then....when this scare tactic blows over, there will be a WT, saying...We should show a waiting attitude...by not having our young ones baptized too young, they'll back step & say, Jesus didn't get baptized until his 30's. As servants of Jehovah, we must be ready for GB, but we don't know when but we know it'll be soon, but live like it's soon but not now. I think that's how they'll spin it.

The org. is hoping the GT comes before the child abuse cases come to life. Maybe the GT will expose the child abuse cases...ummmm that's a thought.

Also, the video is supposed to encourage us to read & study the bible more so we can be like the brother in the video, who knew scriptures from the top of his head...just in case we don't have a bible or internet connection. Hey, did anyone notice in one of the WT's the bunker scene & one of the friends had a tablet...umm..so they'll be internet connection during the GT ? Interesting. I wanted to comment on that so badly, & I put up my hand but I guess divine intervention stopped me from saying it. I wanted to say, how wonderful Jehovah is...he is allowing internet connection for the friends, isn't he awesome? Wonder how the friends would take it...

I find you can make a point & plant a seed in the friends heads, if you say....Isn't it Loving how Jehovah...blah blah blah...but you must be very very clever...

The bunker video is supposed to be encouraging....NOT.

Tor

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

The point of the videos is behavior modification, fear of the GT is just a motivator. Each segment is either a behavior they want to see more of like simplifying your life to give more to the org or something they want people to avoid because it could lead to fading away from the org. The GT scenario they present isn't based on any biblical passage it is just a "what if" scenario, they know even though it's just hypothetical JWs will run with the idea. They will think that "they must know something is going to happen soon," some in my family have actually said that. They ignore the fact that they have been saying that for decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit