2020-Articles Of Association--Bylaws--Notice Of Special Meeting! (as of 2020-11-25)

by Atlantis 104 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel

Could you send me the docs?

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Yes please

• vienne
    vienne

me too please

• JeffT
    JeffT

I believe these documents are addressed to one specific congregation

The main issue shows up in the Articles of Association and Bylaws, Article 2 Existence and Duration.

"Since 1989 the Congregation has been an unincorporated nonprofit association."

Legally an Unincorporated Association is a group of people who get together to do something for the common good. Legally it doesn't exist so it can't do things like own property.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/unincorporated-nonprofit-association-vs-nonprofit-corporation

So for the last thirty-one years this congregation has operated without any legal authority to do so. It can't open a bank account, collect money, own property etc. I can think of at least two ways they got into what is probably a fair sized legal mess. They may never have filed the appropriate paper work when the congregation formed in 1989, or that may have been the year somebody forgot to file a renewal, and it fell off the radar at that time.

I can think of several ways the water rights may fit into this, but lacking evidence I won't speculate.

I do not believe this is part of some big conspiracy, but it does speak to the incompetence of the WTBS in running their business. Thirty-one years is a long time to overlook something this important. How important? Again I won't speculate, but I've seen property lost in foreclosure and/or bankruptcy because some paperwork was missing. How would you like to be on the body of elders that gets to explain that to the head office?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Dear God Marc O Donnell is a complete ass on that thread, pompous as hell.

Honestly Petra he's not worth bothering with.

This just suits him fine. Does it seem some folks don't like it when others have access to info, too?

Writing his little blog has gone to his head, he thinks he's got the inside scoop on everything & will deign to let us know when and if. Infuriating.....

God help me I never say this as it usually means the arguments lost when you do...but...he really is acting all "secret squirrel" just like some jumped up elder "we have this info, a much bigger scandal, not like those silly papers, but we can't tell you at this time." Sod off!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

asp59:

So they gonna have a worldwide meeting about some water in small town USA?

No. The letter refers to annual and special meetings of a local congregation corporation. It is unclear whether it is indicative of something similar happening in all US congregations.

Think the documents are fake. Or possible tampered with.

Doesn't seem to be any basis at all for that claim.

• chantal
    chantal

Could you send me the docs?

• asp59
    asp59

Jeffro

Two things make me unsure if documents.

One if understand it right is JWs inactive being kicked out of congregation. Can't imagine org wanna suddenly drop what could be 100000 s of members. I think they are that many. Think of the donations org will have to do without.

The other thing is telling the congregation that org maybe won't be around. They would never do that. They just lie and lie everything is great the whole time will selling out everything.

• John Redwood
    John Redwood

Atlantis and Petra should not be criticized for sharing the documents they shared.

All documents are important to one degree or another. However what others do with them and the conclusions they draw- that's an entirely different matter.

For some reason, a few have taken these docs to mean something is "afoot" with Watchtower- and they are circling the drain. That would be nice - but these docs don't prove it. But once again- as I said, I agree completely with sharing the docs.

Also- most docs like these are publicly available from each state. Every title-holding congregation has to deal with the election of officers each year. it's business as usual for Watchtower- at least the way they have been running things since 2000/2001.

I'll share some docs when I redact what needs to be redacted so the community can see for themselves.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

wow, I definitely need to see this one....

please send...& thanks very much for your efforts in getting this info out!!! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit