Kids being disfellowshipped

by Nikki collins 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

Anna Marina, legally cannot sign a contract under age 18

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jesus didn`t get baptised till he was 30 years old ,come to think of it he didn`t even preach till he was 30 years old .

And he was a carpenter from his teens until he started preaching @ 30 years of age earning his own way unlike many JW`s ,I and you know.

I wonder if Child Protection Agency`s and such Organizations are aware of this child abuse of shunning that occurs in the Jehovah`s Witness religion when a baptised minor is DF and then shunned.

I`m sure that wouldn`t go down too well.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Finkelstein...

Not to mention that thanks to the constant presence of the internet in young peoples' lives in this day and age, the odds of a young JW figuring out The TATT is way higher than it used to be...

...and not too long ago, someone here (can't remember who) figured out that if a JW kid is already baptized when he figures it out, the bOrg can DF him or her before he tells anyone, thus ensuring none of the loyalists will listen if he talks... something a little harder if they're just an unbaptized publisher.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Does anyone know when they started allowing children to be baptized? I know my mother said you had to be 18 in the 60s/70s. When was that lifted?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There were children baptized all through the 20's on, so the 18 isn't true. Not saying it shouldn't be, it even should be 21 or 30

• Black Sheep
  • ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Hmm, interesting. Maybe it was a regional thing.

• blondie
    blondie

jw parents know that the official stance of the WTS is:

1) Minor chldren are not protected by family merit (being under their parent's status of Armaggedon survival if unable to intelligently make a personal decision to be baptized (a very ambiguous age done on purpose by the WTS). Thus many jw parents, wanting their children to survive and not having a specific cut-off age, push their children to get baptized. Especially when there was a date set like 1975, or 1984 (70 years), 1994 (80) years were in their minds. Now the WTS uses weasel or buzz words like "very soon now" to keep the pressure on.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1987283#h=17:273-17:491

Should even youths consider baptism? Well, recall that Jehovah told the six armed men in the vision: “Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women you should kill off​—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near.” (Ezekiel 9:6) Of course, children too young to make a dedication would be protected by a parent’s “mark” if that parent is striving to bring the children up to love Jehovah and if they are obediently responding. (1 Corinthians 7:14) Yet, if a child is intelligent enough to make a personal decision and has reached the point where he “knows how to do what is right,” do not presume that he will continue indefinitely under the merit of his parent’s “mark.”​—James 4:17.

2) Only baptized jws will survive Armageddon

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201987363?q=Ezekiel+9%3A4+baptism&p=sen

Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into Jehovah’s new system. (Ezek. 9:2-6) How happy those who submit to this ‘marking’ for survival will be because of their dedicated relationship with Jehovah God, as symbolized by water baptism!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit