Do you still believe in God?

by FormerlySandL 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yes Acts, you have an evil, twisted mentality. You excuse the nastiest, sadistic perversions on the grounds that we will learn from them just how much we need God.

Here in the UK the headlines are all about Jimmy Saville, a predatory child abuser who used his celebrity and fame at the BBC to sexually abuse children as young as eight. In your perverted world view those poor children have done us a service in showing us how much we need God - a God who presumably sat and watched every horrific act Saville performed.

Shame should prevent you from posting your vile philosophy on a forum which has had to help several victims of abuse from men who claimed to represent your God.

Go away, get educated and do something worthwhile with your life.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I invite you Acts to comment on The Monster . .
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    You lost your belief in a weekend?
  • juandefiero
    juandefiero
    • What about when God drowned almost everyone on the planet in the flood, wasn't that intervention?
    • What about the tower of Babel when God confused all the languages and spread everyone apart, wasn't that intervention?
    • What about when God helped Judah kill 500,000 men, wasn't that intervention (2 Chronicles 13:15)?
    • What about when he killed all the firstborn (including babies) in Egypt, wasn't that intervention?
    • What about when God ordered the genocide of the Midianites, Amalekites, the people of Heshbon, and the people of Bashan - wasn't that intervention (1 Samuel 15:1-9, Numbers 31:7-18, Deuteronomy 3:3-7, Deuteronomy 2:32-35)?
    • What about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, wasn't that intervention?
    • What about God sending two bears to maul children to death for calling Elisha bald, wasn't that intervention (2 Kings 2:23)?
    • What about God giving Jeptha victory over the Ammonites on the condition that he sacrifice his daughter, wasn't that intervention (Judges 11:30-39)?
    • What about God giving Samson strength so he can kill 30 men for their clothes, wasn't that intervention (Judges 14:11-19)?
    • etc.
    Clearly God can intervene to cause destruction and death. And it's not just humans that experience suffering. It's also animals that suffer and die too. What about them?

Notice how Acts5v29 never responded to that comment.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The pirate makes a good point!
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Respectfully nicolaou, I do not excuse any evil actions - certainly not people like Saville or other silent lambs - nor do I give them license to act the way they do.

You wanted to know why God cannot intervene, so I showed you - and people like Saville are taking full advantage. Until authority in the earth is returned to God, these things will have free reign - its up to the world's leaders to make the call to Him when they feel we cannot cope any longer

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Please take the few minutes it takes to read The Monster and tell me where my metaphor fails . .

You are excusing evil actions - willful failure to prevent atrocities is an evil action.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey Acts5v29, the Bible is a collection of books written over 1500 years by 40 different authors. This "theme" you speak of is a construct as they had no collaborative effort in writing these hand picked "books" compiled by power hungry dogmatists in 375 A.D.. This is hardly a foundation for divine inspiration. Seems like you are another weak willed bible thumper in the millennialist/Adventist tradition. So that would be a no for me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Do I still believe in God? The simple answer is no.

Gods and Goddesses are human constructs from ancient Bronze and Iron Aged peoples trying to define their worlds.

Our knowledge has surpassed the requirement to believe in fantasy, mythology, and superstition as truth. I find it interesting that as our knowledge has increased, the instances of God speaking to humans has decreased proportionately, to the point where it is now only relegated to those who suffer from mental or auditory hallucinations.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Isn't the Bible itself evidence of God intervening?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit