News Reports are "Apostate Lies"

by truth_b_known 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

With the most recent investigative news report show entitled "The Witnesses" I noticed a number of posters whose family members are PIMI refer to such shows as "apostate lies." Even the Governing Body (possibly Loesch) made such a statement (possibly on JW Broadcasting). i was thinking of how to reply to such a statement.

First, ask "who is the apostate?" An apostate, according to the Watchtower, is a baptized publisher who leaves the organization and privately or publicly declares that Jehovah's Witnesses are not the true religion or professes to believe something that opposes the doctrine of the Watchtower. So, ask who fits the profile. The response would most likely be "the alleged victims of child abuse."

It's not the investigative news reporters. It's not the attorneys who represent the victims. They were never Witnesses to begin with.

Next ask "Do you think the investigative news reporters haphazardly publish their findings without finding corroborating evidence to support the claims of the victims? Isn't that the basis of a civil liable suit? Wouldn't that be irresponsible news reporting?"

Next ask "Why doesn't the Watchtower have their attorneys counter-sue the alleged victims if the victims are lying and the news agencies for liable?"

Finally ask "What is the 'apostate lie'?" Are the victims stating the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the one, true religion? Are the victims stating stating that the Watchtower doesn't use the "two witness" rule to support their internal policy of not reporting child abuse?

What is the lie? The abuse didn't happen or that the Watchtower headquarters never told the local congregations to keep child abuse out of the hands of law enforcement?

The answers are important because why would a news agency risk their reputation as truth tellers and risk civil liability publishing a lie about the Watchtower if 1) the abuse accusation is false or 2) Watchtower never instructed local congregations to cover up the abuse? Number 2 would not happen if number 1 never happened. If number 1 is a lie, at the least, the news agencies would publish a story stating that as is the custom when errors in news reporting have been made.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Valid points t_b_k, but if the GB zombie masters say to their drones "it's apostate lies" then there's no argument, "apostate lies" it is!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

All of that is 100% true but if the GB says it’s apostate, the “good” jw won’t watch it and it’s problem solved. I asked my mother to watch it because it was a news story. The venom that came from her mouth at the thought of watching such “lies” was positively caustic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a valid confirmation of cult thinking, as not to trust information from outside of the organization /cult, particularly about its own internal operations.

They postulate that apostates are inspired by Satan to harm Jehovah's chosen organization.

Worldly institutions like Public news casts are always informed .

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

I approached a bro on the carts and asked him about the child abuse thing he said you've been looking at apostate sites I said no it was on BBC news still would not accept it ,bet if I mentioned about the treatment of JWs in Russia on the BBC news he would have been happy to talk about that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think Trey Bundy is an XJW, as is the maker of the excellent drama Film " Apostasy", so be careful with a question like " Who is the Apostate".

Framing it slightly differently may be profitable, just mention the people involved in the investigations who were never JW's, Zalkin Law, Alastair Stewart the lawyer on the Australian Royal Commission etc. Are any of such people even wrong, in any way ? if so how ?

JW's have to be forced to face the Facts, and see if they can be challenged in any way, not just use a slogan.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Truthy - i was thinking of how to reply to such a statement.

Once the GovBod (piss be upon them), have spoken, a PIMI Jobo will not allow anything to upskittle what their drunken masters have declared.

I mean, I'm not saying give up; rather I think you're better off talking to a brick wall.

Many Jobos are wilfully ignorant.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I totally agree with the statement that a PIMI Witness will be like a robot and accept any programming from the Governing Body without thinking once, let alone twice.

I also mention this because of some research I have been doing over the past few months. One thing I learned is that our brain uses a "shield of lies" to protect itself from anything that would upset the apple cart in such situations. However, a challenging question from someone whom we trust can be what causes the walls to fall down and allows the brain's cognitive thought process to takeover.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Tangential to your main point t_b_k -- but what the situation demonstrates is the nature of the "language of indoctrination". Apostate lies means more than lies told by apostates.

As in your example, clearly it covers the critical assessment of non apostates. It covers the meaning of apostate truths as well but Bethel writers cannot give any ground to the possibility that apostates could actually ever talk truth or report facts.

The phase "apostate lies" coming from HQ is loaded language and it speaks only to JW true believers.

Firstly it suppresses thinking or analysis. It comes with a layered meaning, it demands by flagging up a warning: have nothing to do with this information because the whole of it is contaminated, don't investigate, don't listen, don't believe it. This feeds into the naive division that there are only two possibilities of choice in life namely Satan's world or Jehovah's. (In each case these two camps are part of the loaded language as well).

The JW is groomed to respond unthinkingly to the specific language of HQ and part of the compact he or she makes (unwittingly) with the governing body when joining the sect is to relinquish private thoughts and submissively conform to their instructions.

So very sad for the believer and abusive on the part of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Technically, Stephen Lett called them “apostate-driven lies”...

...so, even if the information is actually true, loyal JWs are expected to disbelieve it because of its alleged origin.

Which is, of course, stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit