Gerrit Losch Claims JW's Attending College Are Spiritually Weak

by pale.emperor 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This is how I know many inside are on to the WTBTS' bull: In the Spanish side, all graduating from high school are moving on to college, even if online. Immigrant parents cannot afford to have kids as worse off as they are.

There are even a few elders that encourage kids to obtain a college education.

Any young lurker, please, as much as possible, get educated. At the very least, a bachelor's degree.

DY

• LV101
    LV101

The uneducated are the ones who provide GBs power and good life - they're on better than ever street because of poor people who are clueless for the most part.

Gerrit Losch is an illiterate loser not wanting others to better themselves. Narcissistic, power, hungry, fool.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Two of my kids went to university and we were openly punished for it at the hall. We sat alone, no one would sit near us. It was mentioned in some very pointed talks that university was evil and everyone knew it was directed at me, even though it was my sons decisions to go, not mine.The treatment we received was so harsh my sons stopped going because of it. One said 'we're treated as if we have leprosy.'

But, when one of them became a lawyer, oh it was different then. JWs he knew would come to him for 'free advice' all the time and being kind he would do work for them for free until he realized he was just being used. Now he tells them to make an appointment and what his fee is, that soon puts them off.

I'm glad they both went. I was one of those kids from the generation who left school early to pioneer because the end was around the corner (1960s) and my parents didn't believe in further education. I'm in my 60s now and still having to work because I didn't have a career. Oh, if only I could go back and change that!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHOEBE:

The religion has made a monumental error with this stand against college or careers which I believe has its roots in them having an inferiority complex or just plain jealousy.

It probably goes back decades in the religion when somebody had issues with a man who was college educated and either made them feel stupid OR would not accept "counsel" (probably because the counsel was just some ignorant assh#le's opinion)...The college educated guy tore them a new one and Voila...the policy against college started....Yes, I think the green eyed monster had a part to play.

I'm glad your son stopped giving freebies to these deadbeats in the religion..Anybody who criticized people with college or careers does not deserve so much as a morsel from them. I have no pity for any of these hypocrites and would run from them.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey, Gerrit. That "we're going out of business" sign is flashing in neon red above every Kingdom Hall. Hence why thousands seem to be resigning from this defunct corporation annually.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LonghairGal And Phoebe

Great posts. Spot on.

We have family members who are still in and treated poorly but they are in a service industry. If the JW's can get the service for free or at a discount, they show up in an instant.

Phoebe....so glad your kids are educated and doing well.

I agree with LHG, I think JW's are jealous of the JW's who are getting educated.

• John Davis
    John Davis

I do understand why many of you are upset but not everyone needs to go to college and even those that do a lot don't graduate from college. Even during the last Republican primary campaign, Ted Cruz advocated not every student needed to go to college, in fact, he was an advocate for expanding apprentenship programs. Now a days there are programs and jobs that don't need degrees but need to know how to do the work, like in computers and technology. There are CS Degrees but employers have discovered that they don't so much need people with the Degree but the people who can actually do what is needed to be done.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Same old guilt and shame to control people scenario.

What about the guilt and shame of the WTS leaders propagating false end time doctrines in the vein of apostasy against the bible and of Jesus himself when he laid down instructions of preaching the Gospel.

So who really is spiritually weak ?

• sparky1
    sparky1

Although what you say is correct,I think you miss the point, John Davis.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Like I said I understand why people on here are so mad at the statement. But also a number of people here think that College is a guarantee of a good job. Do you know how many people with college degrees that have been out of work? While yes generally a college degree does raise the expected earnings of people, it is not a guarantee to a good job. Also, a number of people here speak with such disrespect for jobs like janitors or window washers. These can be good paying jobs with good benefits and there is nothing wrong with those types of jobs. A janitor can make more money than a person with a Masters in Fine Art. It is also the perspective that the person has towards their job that has to be taken into consideration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit