COs are like parrots, can’t handle questions of dynamic nature!

by anointed1 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anointed1
    anointed1
    Quarterback

I missed your question about the CO.

He somehow got deleted or stepped down—he is almost like inactive one. His religious view itself was changed over the period. Sometime back he told me: “Working with a religion is like working in the office world. If someone wants to be better, that one needs to take classes, certifications, read books, gather concepts, ideas to talk the talk. It is all about gathering information. That does not work in ‘spirituality.’ Spirituality is being in harmony with the nature, living Life with joy. Look at the particles—they are all dancing; and everything is made with particle, hence basis of everything is joy. Religion has no role to play other than making money.”

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At that level, one should have the answers or at least know where to find them. As an amateur, it might be acceptable to reference something for the householder to find the answer. But, the hounder-hounder ought to be more experienced and at least know where to look.

That would be like asking an astrology question to someone that is world famous as an astrologer, as simple as "What does a void of course moon mean?" and not getting any answers. Someone that is just starting out, fine. But someone that is world famous ought to know what constitutes a void of course moon and what it means. (In fact, "void of course moon" means the moon has made its last major aspect with the major planets within that sign. The aspects are conjunct, sextile, square, trine, and opposition. The planets include the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.) True, some beginners might see Chiron as a planet and not Pluto, or might view the quincunx and semisextile as an aspect, but those are not factored in void of course moon. And, a void of course moon is when you should avoid starting a major new project or buying anything major, lest nothing come out of it.

Now, when a householder raises a question about Joshua that is about the same level of advancement as this, and a hounder-hounder can't answer it or direct the householder to a reasonable answer, something is wrong.

• millie210
    millie210

anointed1

“Working with a religion is like working in the office world. If someone wants to be better, that one needs to take classes, certifications, read books, gather concepts, ideas to talk the talk. It is all about gathering information. That does not work in ‘spirituality.’ Spirituality is being in harmony with the nature, living Life with joy. Look at the particles—they are all dancing; and everything is made with particle, hence basis of everything is joy. Religion has no role to play other than making money.”

This is going to be my thought for the day annointed1.

Thank you for writing it down.

Please tell this former C.O. (if you are in contact with him)

that his words above have been more helpful to me than any other C.O. ever was.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

In the SKE school and its predecessor, they basically parrot descriptions and memorize stuff like parrots. I know this as I have had quite a bit to do with it in the last 2 years.

I had the same response when asking biblical questions of various students.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Then he resembles most other JWs.

"Always be ready to fail to give an answer for the hope you claim within you" might be a good motto

Never heard of the word byhearting before.

• anointed1
    anointed1
    millie210

I called him over phone and made him read your comments. He sends his heart-felt appreciation to you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...error...error...not-programmed-for-that-response...error..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit