My thoughts on the shunning part at the convention

by stuckinamovement 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinamovement - "...You have a bunch of people ashamed to celebrate being a part of you, yet they are willing to cut off the most important people in their lives because of your cruel instructions. Sounds like a winning recipe for a "generation" of miserable and broken people."

Well put.

• millie210
    millie210

Wonderful post SIAM,

I find it especially telling that none of the JWs in your hotel felt inclined at all to "share" their marvelous religion with you.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jws have become very insular Now and yes they seem to not want to share anything unless they have to at or during thier special time for service. It's weird how many times you hear stuff like don't record this meeting or share your notes etc. Crazy

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

Your posting has touched me deeply and my heart goes out to you and your wife.

I dearly hope we will live to see those seven psychopaths being brought to justice.

At some stage there must be a point when they cross the final line and cause a clear and public outcry reaching the ears of people influential enough to put an end to this and get those lunatics locked up!

:'(

• jambon1
    jambon1

Completely vile convention programme.

How anyone can sit through that shit and believe that it's all so right astonishes me. Families suffering everywhere, needlessly.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

People who practice religiously based shunning should be outed and then harrassed at their job or place of business until they are brought to tears.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I will be going to the convention end of July. I don't know how I will get through it, but I do know I will need alcohol to recover afterwords. I will probably stay at the hotel one day with sever stomach issues, aka pool day.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinamovement - "...You have a bunch of people ashamed to celebrate being a part of you, yet they are willing to cut off the most important people in their lives because of your cruel instructions. Sounds like a winning recipe for a "generation" of miserable and broken people."

Reminds me of when first I realized that if the WTS kept up its staunch anti-education rhetoric, before too long, they'd be stuck with a "worldwide body" of morons.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    will need alcohol to recover afterwords

Fill a water bottle with vodka for during the convention. Nobody will be the wiser.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SonoftheTrinity - "People who practice religiously based shunning should be outed and then harrassed at their job or place of business until they are brought to tear.."

Didn't you know?

They'd be "suffering for righteousness' sake".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit