What are some of the weird teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, past and present?

by Vanderhoven7 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    • Who Are Following the Light of the World?
      • 12. Who make up the true light-bearing organization today?

12 It can confidently be said that the new world society of Jehovah’s Witnesses is the true, light-bearing organization today.

• w93 4/1 pp. 13-18 - The Watchtower—1993

John 9:5

"I am the light of the world.” - Jesus

• ScenicViewer
      ScenicViewer

Modern Doctors descend from magic practicing priests and Egyptian black magic. They are as demonic as the Clergy and Politicians.

(Golden Age, Aug 5, 1931, p 727, last two paragraphs)

Page 728 (Sorry about the yellow highlighting)

• ScenicViewer
      ScenicViewer

In line with the above post, I seem to remember that the Organization taught that the American Medical Association was an agent of the Devil. I'll see if I can find the reference.

• LongHairGal
      LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

Yes, it’s true that the average JW doesn't know all that much about the religion’s past crazy teachings. But, I don’t believe they even care. In fact, most of them can’t clearly explain to anybody what they even believe NOW.

It’s gotten to the point that I don’t think they believe it matters WHAT is being taught. They wouldn’t dare admit this to anybody, but I believe it’s true. They only care that they belong to the ‘right’ religion (or club as I call it). They only know the terms ‘new system’, ‘Armageddon’, ‘governing body’ and the name ‘Jehovah’..Nothing else matters to them!

CARLA:

I think that you (as a non-JW) have reached the distinction of knowing more about the Jehovah’s Witness religion than even your husband who is ‘in’.

• Sea Breeze
      Sea Breeze

Doctors and politicians demonic ? They finally got something right!

• carla
      carla

@Longhairgal, yes that is true! my jw will say things like, "we used to believe a lot of crazy stuff! we even celebrated Christmas and there is a picture of it!" -well no kidding! I'm the one that showed you that picture to begin with but now that you have asked and elder about it..... grrr, that was years ago, as a rule we try not to discuss anything jw these days.

• carla
      carla

I have one I remember but do not have access to the actual quote- the one about taking 'air baths. One must jump around naked or something on that order. Russell or Rutherford days? hmm....

Something about steam engines rings a bell (being evil?) then there is all the inches in a pyramid and inches to Ohio (forgot city it was like a convention) The Harp of God is full of batshitcrazy stuff.

• JoenB75
      JoenB75

I like the thing with dinos on Venus.

• St George of England
      St George of England

After Armageddon there will be no children born after the first 100 years. Thus all the women may be changed to men and we will all live as brothers.

After Armageddon all the black people will be changed to white.

The 7,000 year Creative Days have been changed to periods of "several thousand" years. Thus it was taught that animals had only been on the earth for less than 13,000 years.

George

• JoenB75
      JoenB75

Bloodsausage is forbidden and disgusting. In fact many people love it. But JWs put up a disgusted face just cause they are taught not to eat it

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit