How much of the Society's publications just get stored away in the garage?

by donny 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

We got some new light out of them, when we put some in the fireplace

Ha! Love it!

When we left, I got a paper shredder to destroy all the litteratrash because I remembered reading in the Awake magazine about someone finding a magazine in the trash, reading it, and becoming a JW. I had to buy a second shredder after the first one burned out!

It was amazing how much room I had in closets when the magazines, bound volumes, book bags, and meeting clothes were gone.

Yes, it was kinda like hoarders.

• Simon
    Simon

I remember there used to be stacks of old WT's and Awakes in our shed.

I think many JWs used to over-order in order to impress people at the literature desk in the KH. People would see them pick up a huge stack of magazines and go "oooh, aaah !" because of it, imagining they were actually placing them and not using them in the new secret life as a hoarder.

Then there are all the WT volumes and books on shelves in JW basements and backrooms.

At least now they try and give it away directly to the public instead of trusting that the people going door to door will actually try and distribute any of it. Maybe they wised up and that is the real reason for the carts?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    tons upon tons upon tons, many millions of tons, how many times would we place rags and books on the FS and go on the RV and ask if the home-owner got to read the particular rag/book? the majority of the time the answer was no, add the amount of unread stuff in the homes of the R&F and householders worldwide and it really is a criminal waste, I still laugh when they claim the WT is the most distributed mag in the world.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

The pride of the Watchtower: the most distributed but the least read magazine in the world.

What a diabolical waste of paper, and time, money, energy and hope... yes, firelighting is the only sound use for them!

• mana11
    mana11

we had an large incinerator, it took hours to burn them all.......

monthly report was still full though...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i cleared out my fathers house--there were magazines everywhere--packed in empty cereal boxes. dating back to the early 60's. 1000's of the things. in the garage. in the kitchen cupboards. under the beds. in wardrobes. took several car trips to the tip.

i never want to see a jw rag mag or book ever again.

• donny
    donny
    What was of particular interest was not just the age of the publications, but how good a condition they were in. They looked like they just left the publishing room. For those of you who have messaged me or stated in this thread something they are looking for, if I come across said publication, I will make arangments to send it to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit