Why do some people who were trapped in the WT and wake up, still believe in the Bible God who allowed them to be deceived for years.

by pistolpete 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Why do some people who were trapped in the WT and wake up after much frustration and anger that they were lied to, still believe in the Bible God who allowed them and their families to be deceived and trapped for years.

I have an acquaintance who is a lot older than me and for the past 30 years he has been out of the Watchtower religion and is Sola Scriptura.

Sola scriptura is a theological doctrine that posits the Christian scriptures as the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice

There were many times we would sit down together and have discussions on the Bible and the bible God Jehovah or YHWH.

I would point out to him certain obvious facts on why it is impossible for the bible to be God’s word.

For example; An almighty God who treasures TRUTH, would never direct men to write a book that has been responsible for so much Christian disunity that teaches different doctrine.

Or that is responsible for the creation of many destructive religious cults.

Out of the 2.4 billion Christians in the world, about 1.1 billion are Catholic, with another 800 million being Protestant. There are another 300 million or so other forms of Christianity, such as Orthodox. All these different forms of Christianity CLAIM THAT THE BIBLE IS GOD’S INSPIRED WORD, and they follow it.

https://fruitsofspirit.com/how-many-are-denominations-of-christianity/

Then we discussed the obvious accounts in the bible that the God of the Bible is not a God of love but when examined closely, has all the qualities of a true psychopath.

Psychopath; A person who engages repeatedly in criminal and antisocial behavior without remorse or empathy for those victimized.

Jehovah kills 70,000 innocent babies, mothers, fathers, grandparents, newly-weds, etc. because HE got pissed of that David took a census.

Jehovah Misleads his faithfuls servants, all Israel into a war that take approx. one million innocent children, women, mothers, fathers, grandparents and animals. (Last three chapters of Judges) Which could have easily been solved by Jehovah sending one angel to kill the men who raped the woman.

Jehovah Kills his faithful servant for eating bread and drinking water but lets wicked Jeroboam who seduced 10 tribes of Israel to worship calves and was responsible for tons of human deaths.

Jehovah allows wicked angels to materialize and rape beautiful women, and influence men to be wicked, then kills all men, women, and children on the entire planet, plus all the innocent animals with a global flood, but allows the wicked angels who caused the problem to begin with, back into heaven.

And I could go on all night giving examples of this bible God being more wicked than the worse human who has ever lived.

So last weekend this acquaintance surprised me and came knocking on my door. I hadn’t seen him in years. Told me that years back his wife went to the store in the evening to get some things and on leaving the store, some men grabbed her and violently raped her. She was never the same after that, and eventually committed suicide.

This event led to a deep self examination. What was troubling was that he had served this God of the bible, Jehovah, defended him on tons of websites, and had done this all his life, and yet HE didn't even have the decency to just help a little with his wive???

This Almighty God who with the flick his finger could have stepped in just a little and perhaps have a policeman, or a bystander help his wife just this once.

He said that for years he tried to justify the MURDEROUS ACTS that Jehovah committed in the bible. He always reference bible scholars or bible apologists, that fed his biased bible views.

Then he finally told me that when he left the Watchtower, he left the building, but deep in his heart, he still remained a Jehovah Witness, but with the idea that Jehovah was personally looking out for him and giving him TRUE Understanding of the Bible. He joined lots of exjw pro-bible websites and tried to help them trust in the bible.

Then he said; “I should have known better. Why did I continue to worship the same God who allowed me, my wive and my family to be sucked into a religious cult?”

Why is it that finally after all these years, after losing my wife, and now that I’m old and death is just around the corner, I come to the realization that the God of the Bible is just a Deity that was made up by ignorant ancient people.

All those qualities he has, are HUMAN QUALITIES.

His murderous acts should have woken me up, but I guess I JUST WANTED TO BELIEVE THE LIE.

Any other reason why some exjws after years of being trapped in a cult still believe in the God of the Bible who made it possible for cults like the Watchtower to exist and trapped them and their family for years?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

The fact is that being open to JW beliefs make a person open to another belief similar if they leave for reasons that are based on emotions or scriptural error by the WT. Ray Franz comes to mind as well as some here.

Before you list Jehovah's horrible acts I personally would lead a person to the oldest mention of him.... As a desert God of the Shashu people. In fact the archaic Jah or YHW is a throwback. The israelites only pickled up worship of YHWH very late likely after 900 bce judging by the name of Ahab's children

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

if they leave for reasons that are based on emotions or scriptural error by the WT. Ray Franz comes to mind as well

I always wondered about Ray Franz, -------now I know!

Perhaps if Ray F. would have woke up in his early age, it would have taken him down a different path.

• waton
    waton

The bible, and by extension believers have a picture of the creator that is a caricature.

and people love the comics.

• Ding
    Ding

Pistolpete,

Is it possible for anyone to write something that is so clear that human beings can't twist or misinterpret it?

The more words a writer uses to avoid misunderstanding, the more chances there are that someone will read something into those words that wasn't intended.

I personally have published a number of things (articles and the like), and invariably people have demonstrated a capacity (whether deliberately or inadvertently) to mischaracterize (sometimes greatly mischaracterize) what I wrote.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Maybe they can only handle one major change at a time.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Ding; Is it possible for anyone to write something that is so clear that human beings can't twist or misinterpret it?

Good question. I use to think it was possible, but no so anymore. That's why we have lawyers.

Pete Zahut

Maybe they can only handle one major change at a time.

I've actually been thinking about this. From tons of experiences I've read, it seems that when a jw finds out something that they believed is wrong like 607 BCE being a wrong date, It takes quite a while to digest. Sometimes close to a year of research. Not because it's hard to understand, but because of the SHOCK of finding out they were wrong. It's hard to believe because of all the implications that it entails.

No 607, means no last days. No last days means not being part of the Great Crowd that will survive the end of this system of things. Maybe just maybe, there is no paradise earth. That's kind of hard to swallow if a person has believed that for 40 or 50 years.

That being the case maybe it's just better not to continue the research and keep believing that the promise of everlasting life is TRUE and everything else is Satanic lies.

Then a life time passes you by and at the very end of your life you finally accept that it was all a a fairy tale.

Not a good way to end your life.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

It does not take long at all! One night! That was all it took to truly investigate evolution. Why? Because the bible reading in Genesis was wrong.. to many archeological and textual holes.

• Ding
    Ding

PistolPete,

In the words of lawyer Bill Clinton, "It all depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is..."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pistolpete - "I've actually been thinking about this. From tons of experiences I've read, it seems that when a jw finds out something that they believed is wrong like 607 BCE being a wrong date, It takes quite a while to digest. Sometimes close to a year of research. Not because it's hard to understand, but because of the shock of finding out they were wrong. It's hard to believe because of all the implications that it entails."

Holy shit, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit