Not invited to congregation “get togethers”. They finally said it

by solomon 72 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sounds like communism. They get you stuck within their organization, cutting you off from association with the world and preventing you from forming any meaningful association outside. Then they impose that, unless you give "enough" energy to the reptilians for the purpose of enslaving all mankind while ruining the environment for us so they can move in on the planet, you will also be cut off from them. What is "enough"? Do they feel you are missing any boasting sessions or that you could be putting in 200 hours a month of top quality field circus, while obeying every last nuance of jokehovian rule?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

One Sunday we attended a neighboring congregation meeting. After the meeting I was talking to a brother and our conversation was interrupted by another brother, also known to me, with a notebook and pen. He proceeded to invite the brother to a congregation BBQ. I said that by the looks of his list he should just go on the platform and invite the whole congregation to which he responded with "not everyone can be invited. Only those who regularly attend meetings and field service can be invited. If you will not associate with the congregation in spiritual activities then you are not entitled to socialize at other times."

So much for building up the weak and downtrodden. Meanwhile the brother who was "worthy" of invitation was disfellowshiped not long thereafter for having an affair with a married pioneer sister and the invitee had to move congregations due to scaming money off people in the congregation.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

I've been living this situation for 14 years as a ministerial servant for being too... SERIOUS ! And then when I became a PIMO, I wasn't invited for being too... WEAK !

Now, after 3 years out of this crap, but not disfellowshipped nor disassociated, when I meet JWs on the street they wonder if they sould say "hello" of nor... Very nice organisation indeed !

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My family was the victim of the same. I worked shift work. Then one day I swapped shifts so I could make it to the one day assembly. After the session we received no dinner invite. Elders wanted to stop by for a shepherding call, but only offered Sunday after the meeting. I worked Sunday after the meeting. I invited them any evening during the week. They declined.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We have VERY nice kids. They are adults now but have turned out fine. We are proud of them. They were nice kids in the congregation.

I found out that an Elder in the congregation used to invite all the kids to his home and they would have a WT study and work on this big Noah's ark model. Guess who's kids were never invited over? Ours. That Elder missed out on two great kids. The JW's pick and choose who they want in their little circle. We can do the same and we have chosen, over the past 6 years, not to include any of these nutters in our little circle. BEST LIFE EVER!!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Just like Jesus would do -- keep the weak away and don't associated with them.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Bright side: no watching a skit, no singing kingdom songs, no loose bowels

There are those who only attend and scarf all the food they can

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Moreconfusedthanever - I have encountered a similar situation to what you described.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

A cult is a CULT. Nothing to be surprised here. I went through the same.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Notice all the responses about this hypocrital behavior. We were told the "identifying mark of true Christians is this love amoung the brothers"

All the rude, unloving way we and many others are and were treated is not proving that.

This is why, after all this time of fading from this religion, I don't miss the judgy haters there at all.

Its so refreshing to have peace without all the burdens they unnecessarily bestowed upon us!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit