Hey "faithful slave," when did Jesus become king?

by The Fall Guy 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

w78 3/1 p. 18 par. 15 - "When was God’s Son made a King-Priest like Melchizedek? This was 40 days after his resurrection from the dead, [33 C.E.] when he ascended to heaven."

w13 7/15 p. 6 par. 11 - "In the mid-1990’s,.............It was noted that Jesus became King of God’s Kingdom in 1914."

w12 8/1 p. 17 When Did Jesus Become King? - "Events since 1914 confirm that Jesus became King in that year."

Just curious, in view of the slight discrepancy in your "food at the proper time."

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

And now in the Silver Sword, the timeline of Bible prophecy at the front shows Satan was cast out in heaven in "about 1914". About. Approximately. Circa. No mention of Jesus taking the throne, either. I sense this date will fall by the wayside in another decade or so. The next wave of JWs will recall the 1914 teaching with the same oblivion many (who are my age) recall the 1925 teaching. Old light.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent find TFG.

When and if 1914 goes, so must 1918 (1st resurrection & rejection of Christendom) and 1919 (F&DS appointment). Nothing left to support the unique authority of Watchtower Society leadership.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Jesus was made king when he left disciples. Ok. It's Mark 16:19. It says After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he has taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. That is the NIV Bible. Guess what ya'll not in the NWT. On Biblegate it mentions earliest manuscripts, blah blah blah. I notice with the Bible anything that really showed who Jesus was, truthful forgiving, etc. it's claimed to maybe not be a part of the Bible, just like when the folks brought a woman that was an adulteress to Jesus and he didn't judge her or nothing, but again that one was taken out to. Mostly in the NWT. So. Mark in the NWT only goes up to verse 8. How convenient, this scripture would really show when Jesus became King. If this is all true.

Tor

• waton
    waton

Colossians 1:13 affirms the existence of "--the kingdom of the Son..."

The invisible kingdom is not even of WT originality.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Watchtower original declaration is that God has a visible kingdom with headquarters in N.Y.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

@wake me up I do see a change coming in that regard.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Ok, let it be so. But all these Enthronement and ruler ship aren't visible to humans. What a pity.

• Moster
    Moster

JW.org - My Book of Bible Stories - Story 104:

"After Jesus says this, an amazing thing happens. He begins going up into heaven, as you can see here. Then a cloud hides him from sight, and the disciples don’t see Jesus again. Jesus goes to heaven, and he begins to rule over his followers on earth from there."

Good News From God - Lesson 7:

"God’s Kingdom began ruling in 1914. * Jesus’ first action as King was to throw Satan and his demons down to the earth. Satan became furious and began causing trouble throughout the earth."

• smiddy
    smiddy
    • Jesus’ first action as King was to throw Satan and his demons down to the earth. Satan became furious and began causing trouble throughout the earth."

Hang on ,Satan has always had access to the earth , he tempted Adam and Eve to disobey God ,he has been influencing humans on earth right throughout the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures.

Notably with his challeng to God with Job`s integrity.

He was also roaming around the earth in Jesus day tempting Jesus over rulership of all the Kingdoms of the earth

According to the Bible Jesus was King at his ascension into heaven about 33 CE he was reigning King and Priest from then on

Questions: for Jehovahs witnesses

1. .Was jesus King about the time of his asenscion about 33 CE.?

2.Was jesus king in the year 1914 ? as Jehvahs Witnesses state ?

3. Or is Jesus Kingship something that is to occur at a future date ?

How many interpretations of Jesus Kingship are their in the Bible ?

How many times can he be made a King ? with different outcomes ? at different times ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit