Convention coming to a city near YOU...

by Sugar Shane 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

...and it's our duty to warn non-JWs, or half awake JWs about these events, as they start appearing in newspapers throughout the US, and abroad.

Here's one. It almost comes out as a promotional ad for the JW convention. The 'current events' editing staff of this paper likely has no idea that it's a high-control cult they're writing about. Totally clueless.

http://www.gazettes.com/entertainment/jehovah-s-witness-annual-convention-promotes-loyalty/article_d00965a6-1d1f-11e6-86b8-ef61aa9f3fae.html

So far, no comments are under this article. 

• millie210
    millie210

And so it begins,,,

is this the first one of the year?

I couldnt help but notice it costs $10 to park. I wonder who gets that money?

Thanks for posting this Sugar Shane!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

LOL at the article being in the Entertainment section

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    2 feature length films? THIRTY FIVE video segments??? They are worried about folks like us going rogue:)
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Emily Thornton is a staff writer covering higher education ?

hasn`t she twigged that Jehovah`s Witnesses are against higher education ?

That the Loyalty theme of the Regional Convention is all about being loyal to the Governing Body members even if they don`t understand the reasons why they should be loyal ?

Instead of just parroting what the Watchtower media gives to journalists Emily Thornton should do her own investigation into this religion by getting first hand experiences from people who have left this cult ,otherwise she loses all credibility of being a serious journalist worth her salt.

I have sent Emily Thornton an e-mail

smiddy

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Agreed. Do we have a list of convention cities and dates?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I could not see how to add a comment. Perhaps that is why there are none. I can't do this from the office, but someone could email the journalist and suggest she do a follow up about the sex abuse cases and the complaints worldwide of their policy of shunning family members who chose to leave the religion.

If anyone sees how to post on the article, add jwfacts as a reference. (Of course, it's unlikely anyone is really going to read this crap -- in print or online.)

Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111

I left the following comment:

With a little digging, there is MUCH more to this story.

One of the talks is entitled "Loyally Uphold Jehovah's Judgments – Shun Unrepentant Wrongdoers". This might sound good to some out there, but “wrongdoing” here might simply be a person who disagrees some or many of the teachings of the Watchtower, not believing that Watchtower represents God’s sole channel with mankind since 1919, someone who doesn’t believe Jesus’s invisible presence began in 1914, attending another church, someone who celebrates a holiday like Christmas, someone who votes, or takes a blood transfusion in a life or death situation. Hundreds of thousands of former JWs find themselves shunned by friends and family, which since they’ve been taught only to cultivate friendships with fellow JWs up to that point can leave them without everyone they ever knew or loved.

This is just one part on this convention and merely scratches the surface. If any journalist sat for three days and observed what is being taught, they would find much more than simply people coming together to hear about “loyalty”. Ultimately, what is meant is complete loyalty to the Watchtower Organization.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Let's hope it doesn't disappear.

BTW...there needs to be a writing campaign to newspapers ahead of time.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

I wrote to Emily expressing how I'm "trapped" in JW no-man's land. I can't leave and I can't stay. I explained why, linked to JWFacts, and invited her questions. We'll see what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit