Why I lost my religion

by Sour Grapes 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

...when the JW's go to a meeting at the Kingdumb Hell they check their brains in at the door...

Reminds me of a story.

A woman wanted to prepare a totally different kind of meal so she asked the local butcher for suggestions. As he was from Papua New Guinea he suggested human brains. He said he had a supply and the cost would be $10.00 per pound for JW brains...$$19.75 per pound for JW elder brains...And $144,000.00 per pound for governing body brains. The woman asked why such an incredibly high cost for JW governing body brains. The butcher replied, "Do you know how hard it is to find JW governing body brains?"

Okay, I know a pretty distasteful story, but.....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

FedUpJW ,LOL that`s very good,maybe the punch line should have read :

"Do you know how hard it is to find a Governing Body Member with a brain ?"

just saying.

Sour Grapes this is such a good post with so many good points considered .

Such as ,why would a loving God cast Satan out of heaven back to the earth where he can do more damage ?

That just doesn`t make any sense at all .And as pointed out he could have sent him elsewhere in the universe.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good post, sums up the pointlessness of it all and the lunacy of the sovereignty issue, so much misery so much lost hope and neglect, a monster who watches a baby being raped and who could stop it but doesn't and just says I'll punish you later, madness what en evil sadistic sick monster.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I never could accept the explanation from the GB about why god permits suffering. Your reasoning on it has been almost my exact thoughts. I used to think if I am aware of only 1 tiny injustice that happens and it upsets and effects my deeply how does our loving father watch 24-7 injustices and not stop it. Hasn't every form of human government already been attempted? The usual jw canned answer is that he will make right all those injustices and he has perfect justice. Well that never brought me any comfort...

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I really appreciate everyone's input on this thread. I am afraid that in 50 years there will still be millions of JW's and the overlapping generation will be overlapped again or just dropped. This won't phase most of the JW's at that future time just like the failed prophecy of 1914, being when Armageddon breaks out, not the beginning of Jesus' invisible rulership as taught in the 1930's, (how convenient that it is invisible) or the failed 1975 prophecy doesn't impact Witlesses today. Stupid is as stupid does.

Sour Grapes

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I stopped praying to god and no longer thank god for the food before I eat.

That was always one of the most mind-boggling things to do. The nerve of people sitting down at full table, about to feast on copious amounts of food, and the only thing they have to say to God is thank you.

How about asking God, to immediately send angels to pick up the food from the table and fly it over to Africa, where thousands of babies and children are dying of starvation?

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I was going through some older posts and this one caught my attention.

Sour grapes- this is such a good post that I had to bump it up again.

last week I had to bow my head out of respect in my family home while visiting. Luckily I didn’t stay there, I was smart enough to stay in a hotel.

On the second dinner time around I told them that I wouldn’t do it as I didn’t think was right for me and didn’t believe in any of it.

There was an awkward look around the table, they didn’t say much just ok, but we are going to do it anyway and you don’t need to joint us. 👀👀

I’m tired of having to inflict myself to these silly rules. No more.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THEONLYONELEFT:

I am glad you bumped this thread up because it’s so good. I enjoyed reading what I posted plus all the other posts.

Good that you spoke up about having to bow during their mealtime prayer.. Even when I was on my way out of the religion I couldn’t stand having to do this but kept quiet..You were with your family so you could tell them how you feel. You were also very smart to stay in a hotel rather than be a captive audience under any JWs roof. 🤮

Yes, we are now way past the point of having any of these rules inflicted on us.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Thank you Theonlyoneleft for giving this thread a bump, and thank you Sour Grapes for the original post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit