Your feelings for the former travelling overseers

by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NK - Birtles was a pig of the lowest order. The filth that followed him were just as bad. Ray Shah and Charldon Johnson - arrogant, self serving narcissists.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Punk of Nice:

You said "Birtles was a pig of the lowest order."

Succinctly put and so true. He never conveyed gratitude for hospitality provided. He engendered stress. He spoke from the lectern in the manner of a stern and condescending headmaster to dull children. Until he arrived, nobody knew that such a person could have been appointed to such a role. He did a lot of damage. His wife was equally dysfunctional.

I never got the chance to say googbye to him. Otherwise I would have used the Irish farewell wherein it is said: "Come back when you've got less time!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NK - Just to cheer you up. Dudley 2007. Birtles being interviewed and boasting about being craptised in 1958. What a burk!!!

• Hecce
    Hecce

One brief comment regarding the transition from the historical Overseers to the new breed. I have met some of the new ones, and they are very well prepared and have some very impressive tools at their disposal.

One negative item is that there is very little that they can do on their own, everything is prepared ahead of time and for every single decsion to be made they have to call in mother.

Still they are good very good training.

• Steel
    Steel

All the ones I have known are so stupid I doubt if they could change a tire or write a check.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I am stating just my personal opinion, I have know plenty of travelling overseers very intelligent and able. That will include some of the ones in the new crop.

• Steel
    Steel

Something that has always bugged me about Wts leadership is I have never met one that really had that road to Damascus background. The worldly person who left a life of wealth and pleasure to become of jehovah witnesses.

All the overseers i have ever met all had a high school or lower education, all were born ins and have been pioneers since leaving school. Literally some of the least impressive people on the planet.

Of course there was the odd war vet but that was more the product of PTSD mixed with a narastic personally.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I came through four decades to know many travelling overseers. I am now well aware of the fact that for them to materially survive they must add to their longtime unconscient manipulation a very, very, very big prescribed dose of hypocrisy imposed by the sandards of JW.Org and their seven spirituals ever smiling puppets, and all those pulling the strings, for obvious financially reasons very well hidden behind all the seven "holy" ones.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Jim Crosley early 1980's in South FL was always good to me. I never gave him cash , but a Grocery Store Gift Certificate for $20 each time he came for his visit. He would always thank me for my personal interest in him and his wife.

Don Wallace- very humorous and kind

Thomas Rucker- Big Man, Big Heart, a Man's Man, very well liked in the Circuit, even punched out a Man hitting his wife!

Lou Puerini- Great communicator and Friend

John Graeff- Really liked me(because I wasn't afraid to make fun of him), but other Elders did not like his straight fowardness

Jerry Luckett- Also a very good person at heart and kind. Liked to hang with the friends and play sports.

Kenneth Williams- Okay, but did not like confrontation and a backbone to set matters right!

Stanley Jones- Okay, not a serious person

Darrell Pickens- Total Dick, Self Righteous, Arrogant, thought that many of the Friends were Prejudice.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my parents had several CO's stay with them on their visits---none were what i would call normal. the most well known was the late Ken Richmond--the man who banged the gong in Rank film titles.

i had Bevan Vigo stay at my house when he was a new CO--hes at London HQ now.

i think a fair number had wives with wealthy parents--judging by the clothes they wore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit