Your feelings for the former travelling overseers

by Hecce 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

Paul Kohler has been 'serving' the circuit that takes in Napa, Fairfield and Vacaville, Cal for some time now.

I should record some of his future talks over the phone.
    He sounds defeated. He's getting old and all of the congs he visits has a similar problem, Elders dying off.

He did one of those, 'we're proud of our years in the truth' moments last time.
    "How many of you have been baptized for 5, years, 10, 20, 30, " so on and so on. I think that backfired last time, because many in my wife's hall are in the 40-50 years "in the truth" bracket.

Kohler realized he's not alone in the delusion. He sees the faces of the elderly sheep he barely knows and has to keep secrets from them or the whole house of cards collapses. So he's ramped up the DFing 'decree', as he calls it. He also likes to use the term 'being put out' of the organization.

His talks are littered with FOG. Fear , obligation and guilt.
    The programming is doing it's job and it is sickening.

Someone actually mentioned coming into the org right before 1975 in their comments while he was visiting. They know they've all been duped. Overlapping generations, 102 years after the birth of the kingdom doesn't build confidence, does it?

Yes, the same Paul Kohler of Menlo Park fame...

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken
    My brother in law (married to my sister) happens to be a CO now they bearly started their service, and he is a type a person that goes by the book so yes he is a Watchtower puppet in deed. My sister is also to involve in being a jw but I some times think she wanted him to get the CO position just for the fact of being on the top and being praised not to mention living in a nice apt without having to work for it and having the congregation pay for u all the time. Why do I say this? Cause I know her and in the conventions she will never let me in to the places were all the high Loosers were all cause I was nothing but a simple publisher so that makes me think she was all stuck up about being a CO Substitutes wife. I hated that of her. Now that they finally got called in for the CO position I bet her attitude will get worse...as to my brother in law idk but I really don't give them long in this position, they will see some shit in the long run and I can't wait to talk about it here cause I will ask her when I see her lol
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the elder who chaired my JC is a CO has been for a few years, decent man TBH and a friend of the family for many years, he helped me out a lot during my JC and helped me through it, I was ready to throw in the towel he saw it was a fit up, he said he would help the appeal JC turn the decision around, he was right I beat the original decision to DF, often wonder about him.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't feel sorry for the travelling overseers at all.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    My feelings toward former and present C.O.s......I've known my share of past and present 'A-Hole' C.O.s!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yup, I hear you Gone Bad!!!!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Although I didn't know many I do remember one CO in a SE London circuit: Alan Stokes.

He was quite a large built guy and he had a big, booming voice.

Used to sing the songs as if he were Pavarotti.

Me and a mate were sitting in the front row and CO Stokes was giving it some on the platform, blasting out the lyrics. Me and the other brother burst out in laughter at this.

After the closing prayer, Stokes came up to us and told us off about our laughter. He said he felt like punching us and if he wasn't a JW he said he'd have done that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Stokes, I remember him, a real character, remember his special coat with all those special pockets full of books for the FS so he didn't carry a briefcase
  • Hecce
    Hecce

A few observations based on the comments.

It is possible that in some third world countries the travelling overseers might be living a life of poverty and sacrifice, that is not the case in most advanced places; in reality is a life of privilege.

The majority of them might start their service with good intentions and a sincere desire of helping their brothers, but power is a dangerous thing and after a while they change for the worse.

I read about a relative of a poster starting their full time life in the Circuit, if he was my relative I will tell him to enjoy it while he can but not to put all his eggs in one basket. The WT is not to be trusted and who knows when his day might come.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Gone were the days that CO/DO's had to eke out a living -- stayed in homes, worked hard in service, eating at a different home and sleeping in different beds, accepting little monies from the folks who had little, Wives who for the sake of the word, put up with all the changes - men accommodate these changes far better than a woman....

Today we see, arrogance, company boys, hardliners, youthful , toeing the party line, speaking with the same monotone voice as those at bethel, driving new cars, charging back congregations, insurance plans, apartments in KH or one just having at $250,000.00 apt addition to the hall - looks like something out of a Better Homes book

And with the green handshakes, many have more money in the bank that most poor publishers, along with some rental apartments for their pension years.... tell me about it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit