Need some advice Re: JW marking by a family member

by William Penwell 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• scotsman
    scotsman

I'd tell her that while her decision makes you sad, it is her choice and that your door will always be open to her if she ever has a change of heart.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I think you are right the recent conventions have caused complete misery for many in your situation - WT made It abundantly clear that active witnesses are the only people you should associate with, family or not.

They are tightening the noose.

I would word a calm, loving letter stating that you no longer identify as a Witness

. You could also mention that research into the past and present practices of the org has made it impossible that you ever will. Shunning the inactive is the very opposite of what Christ commanded. Forgiveness and self sacrificing love. Not a self serving obsession with reserving your first class ticket to paradise and the hell with those you love.

All you can do is ensure she knows your door is always open and that you do not recognize the commands of men. Interestingly I found this today, small article about the man whose pyramidology Russell used/stole. May be worth sending to sis...her beliefs are based on utter pagan superstition.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Piazzi_Smyth

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Thanks so far for the input. I did suspect there was something up the last few months since their last DC as she has being rather cold toward me. I also suspect some family members might have being pressuring her to.

Her explanation is that I was baptised at one time and know what is right and wrong, even though I have not being attending meetings for the past 15 years. The way it was worded it sounded like she was getting advice from someone else. I am at a point where I don't care if she ever talks to me again when she puts the cult over her family. So I will add I do not take well to emotional black mail and passive aggression.

Even my GF doesn't understand why they are doing this and recognizes this as cult type of behaviour. She said to my sister, this is not the way of love and all you are doing is pushing your brother away even more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit