Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Are Typically Ignorant People?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think most Witnesses are simple minded.Many are ignorant. There are a lot of basically "good people "in the religion but i believe many are kind of dumb, including many elders. Do you agree with my thoughts???🤓

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Most.... possibly. Mere chance? It is well known that the exploits of a cult don't necessarily aim for your IQ but your emotional holes. We all have those.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Willfully ignorant.

There is information available to JWs via the internet, books, tv etc but they choose to ignore it.

Good? What is good? Good is as good does and sadly when it comes to making a decision based on what's "good" or "right" JWs fail miserably. It requires integrity to say no to shunning, no-blood, deception.

• tepidpoultry
  • flipper
    flipper

In my opinion - JW's are " ignorant " in the sense that the WT Society and WT indoctrination KEEPS them ignorant. Their world view is very skewed to the point that anything that they consider important is ALWAYS WT Society or JW related. Anything outside WT cult indoctrination is looked down on.

By WT leaders insisting that they only read WT literature or the JW website to gain information- most of what JW's view as " real " or " normal " is actually - totally abnormal. Unless a JW somehow escapes to get a college education or does research outside the JW or WT mindset - they will remain ignorant and have a tunnel vision of what reality is.

I don't totally blame JW's - they're controlled and indoctrinated to think that way. Somewhat like victims of the Stockholm Syndrome being forced to identify with their captors - WT Society leaders. Sometimes it takes suffering an injustice by WT elders or getting treated like crap by fellow JW's to shake a JW up into truly thinking again with their brain. And if that happens- then they can gain critical thinking AND intelligence - and know true freedom of mind again

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Most definitely! In fact the evidence gathered from the research polling company called PEW says their a bunch of idiots. I don't say this to be a jerk because I was once one of those idiots too.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yes I agree with Flipper - JWs are largely ignorant but they are made that way by the 7 old men in NY.

It's a tragic waste.

And there's nothing wrong with JWs' intelligence.

There are literally millions of brains going to waste.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

"Sometimes it takes suffering an injustice by WT elders or getting treated like crap by fellow JW's to shake a JW up into truly thinking again with their brain." Very well said flipper.

May I add that injustice may come from WT elders' wifes too, who prove sometimes to be very clever at working behind the scenes and at manipulating their husbands.

All the best. TheFadingAlbatros (Actually and luckily dissociated since 2 years and an half)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

yes witness such words as lieberry, axe, prnOUNcitation, even Jehovahwitness

a good person doesn't always have good grammar though.

• steve2
    steve2

Uneducated = ignorant.

They often don't know what they don't know.

Education would change that. Little wonder JW organization frowns upon developing or furthering one's education beyond the basics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit