Who was a member here back in the late 1990s?

by MebyonKernow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• MebyonKernow
    MebyonKernow

I often wondered over the years what happened to a lot of the old posters from this group. Going back to the late 1990s a few of the names I recall...

Blacksheep, GypsyWildCactus (I know she's OK as we're friends on Facebook still), Onacruise, Minimus, VeniceIT, Flower, Prisca, Bendrr, RefinersFire, Kent, Englishman, shit...dare I say it EvilForce lol, Snittlesnacks (what a twat), Scully, Mouthy, Talesin from Nova Scotia, XenaWarrior. LittleTom (from Glasgow in Scotland), Outlaw, Goaty, Bisous, Uncle Brucey (Australian character who loved his wildkife photography) - struggling now to remember more names.

I know there are many more. Suffice to say I'm still alive and kicking. Getting old now. 52. Middle age. Still partying however lol. Still as cantankerous as ever too so don't even think about getting me going LOL..

Who else did I forget? What's happened to everyone? Where are they now? RefinersFire I know he kicked the bucket about 4 years ago. Is everyone else OK? Still alive and kicking?

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Wow--how long has this site been around? In 1990 I wasn't even born. Still had many years to go before I would pop into this world!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am around and still kicking. Uzzah aka Kismet and ForumDirector2 at H20 for those that go that far back.

Not active in exjw stuff anymore but come back here on occasion to see if any familiar names pop up. Gainfully employed, rehabilitation from a recent leg amputation but am moving well with the prosthetic.

Life after the JWs rocks. I am so very content in all elements of life.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I wasn't a member here but...

Mouthy past away a few years ago.

Talesin doesn't have internet access. I just saw her post briefly on FB and she's working on something and hopes to be back online in the fall.

• stillin
    stillin

Scully still drops in occasionally. Outlaw has been conspicuously silent. I miss that guy.

Minimus! Still here, big as life!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Talesin’s life sounds intriguing! What Facebook group is everyone using now that group 3 has gone?

Ive only been here as a lurker and poster 4 years altogether but I’ve gone back over old posts and threads and threads and there were some incredibly capable people here back then. Wow. Just wow for some of those threads. Talk about R/whoosh ( for those of u who know reddit lol).

Sadly I know a few have passed...mouthy and that dear lad who took his own life, what was his name? Started with O? Not Onacruise I believe he still posts?

edit to say I too miss Outlaw, I heard he was unwell? Or is he unhappy with something?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Not quite the late 1990's but I had joined back in 2007 under the user name of Irish Rose. I only created this one because I had lost all my log information for the other one. Before that, I was with another former JW community, but it has long since shut down.

• blondie
    blondie

I think JWN came into being around 2000 or 2001. Before Simon and few others were on an iffy jw DB. That DB admin stepped away and Simon came up with JWN and a lot from that board came over and some from H2O a ex-jw DB from before 2000.

Some unfortunately have died, others found other places to share their thoughts, others ran out of new things to say or found things closer to home to keep them occupied. I do know that some still read JWN and sometimes come back for a new doctrine or policy development.

New people keep new ideas coming in and new viewpoints. It is a good place for someone just coming out to find support and people who understand where they are because we were there. Progress can be made.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Some of us have been around since the beginning... and we are still lirkin’...

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Onacruise died some years back. So did Just2laws. Bendrr is still around stirring the pot on FB. Kent left Norway and settled in Cyprus. Little Toe and Xena got hitched, settled on a Scottish island and then decided it wasn't such a good idea and went their separate ways. Prisca pops up on FB now and again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit