TV commercial seen in the United States, from a Law firm "Asking if you were ever sexually abused by JEHOVAHS WITNESSES, please call".

by Dunedain 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stan livedeath
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    maybe the law firm placing that advert is in fact owned by someone connected to the watchtower ? smart move if it is -- STAN

Almost certainly not. These guys are bloodsuckers and they must see WT as ripe for harvest. I just hope they do right by the victims.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'd bet that they have ongoing relationships with "expert witnesses" and a file of background documents ready to use for filing cases against the WTBTS. Having done the research once, preparing another case for a client with similar claims takes less time, and they have presumably found an effective strategy to settle these cases.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I believe civil cases in NY are not bound by a statue of limitations. The victims are basically suing the WTBS. Law firms here take a percentage of the award for their fee & we have plenty of lawyers here.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

So, I have a little more info about this commercial, as well as seeing ANOTHER newspaper add, in another newspaper.

First off, I can verify that this commercial IS still being played on cable TV channels in the NYC area. Second, I believe it was mentioned already, but the law firm is the Weitz and Luxembourg law firm, working with MANY other NATIONAL law firms, as a conglomerate, and specifically for these JW sexual abuse claims.

Next, I can verify with my own eyes, that another newspaper add, almost exactly like the one Breakfast of champions posted was in the NJ Star Ledger, was in a NYC newspaper, called the Staten Island Advance, yesterday.

To those that do not know, Staten Island is one of the 5 boroughs of New York City. It is a very affluent borough, with quite a number of judges, lawyers, politicians, doctors, and upper middle class incomes. I was born and raised on that Island, and can verify that the Staten Island Advance is a HUGE newspaper. I also, personally know that there WERE victims of child sexual abuse from JW's, in a congregation on Staten Island, a little over 25 years ago. I wonder if those persons have taken notice of this add, and TV commercial.

I WILL be printing out a copy of the add from the Staten Island Advance, and with a family members help, as I am NOT that savvy computer wise, will try to upload it here, or in its own thread, or possibly in Breakfast of Champions thread.

This has JUST started this week/year, with adds, and commercials, and it is already growing. THIS IS HUGE FOLKS, HUGE!!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Here's some legal information:

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/schools/law/lawreviews/journals/bclawr/44_4/07_FMS.htm

Abstract: Although the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of religious institutions,

it confers no general immunity from liability for their contracts and torts.
    This Article’s study of the case law indicates that claims may be stated against religious institutions if those institutions had the corporate power or ecclesiastical responsibility for the specific matter in dispute, or had themselves taken action in the matter.

A general assertion of the potential to take action or potential to control is insufficient to result in a claim against the institution.

Liability would reside, if at all, in the entity that has both the juridic power (under the religious polity) and the civil duty to answer for the actions of persons or other entities in the religious structure.

Departure from these principles could result in an unconstitutional exercise by a court. This Article then applies these principles in a critique of tort liability asserted against religious institutions.

........... It was the reality, and remains so today, that religious institutions make contracts that they break, create risks for which they must be responsible, and conduct many activities in the larger society that impact the general public, beyond their members. There is no longer any serious debate that religious organizations are held responsible for the consequences of their actions.

The demise of [*PG1090]charitable immunity generally, and its limitation in virtually every jurisdiction, means that these entities must pay attention to their legal relationships and conduct.1

Here is some more plan talk about law suits and Child sexual abuse:

http://personal-injury.lawyers.com/sexual-abuse/when-your-child-has-been-sexually-abused.html

What Must Be Shown In a Lawsuit Over Child Sexual Abuse?

The “standard of proof” in a civil lawsuit is lower than it is in a criminal prosecution. The victim of the alleged sexual abuse only needs to establish the abuser’s liability “by a preponderance of the evidence.” This means showing that it is “more likely than not” (50.1 percent or more likely, in other words) that the defendant committed the abuse as alleged. Compare this standard with that in a criminal case, where the prosecution must prove the alleged abuser’s guilt “beyond a reasonable doubt,” which is a significantly higher threshold.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    Giordano:

I don't know how much of your reference that you read, it is pretty long and very dense material but it is interesting to see how this commentator talks about religious lawsuits. Towards the end it speaks of fiduciary responsibility, as well as the liability of a religious organization when it comes to the actions of one of it's members.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A consortium of law firms. http://www.childsexabuse.org/about-us/

If they have copies of Service desk instructions and forms and prior court testimony many of the cases will become paint by numbers.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Silver;s Law firm (Weitz and Luxembourg) rakes in millions from judges he controls. This is the best law firm to get the job done. Asbestos cases in 2015 "W&L gets the asbestos cases-and paydays, moved more quickly than those of other attorney, and reaps a fortune from favorable ruling by favorable judges, charge Lawyers and tort-reform advocates. "They've taken over a section of the courthouse, and the people in charge of the courthouse run it for them, said a disgusted lawyer who files personal injury cases in Manhattan" Money pours into their firm.

It couldn't get any better.....Yes this is the Law firm to fire with fire.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit