Evolutionist on their deathbed.

by Nimble duck 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• deegee
    deegee

Christians have a lot to be worried about on their death beds.

Mark 3:28-29:

"Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

There are literally dozens of interpretations being circulated as to what this "UNFORGIVEABLE SIN" exactly involves. Not knowing its precise definition has generated real terror among many devout Christians.

Since there is no precise definition, a Christian does not know whether or not he/she has committed "the UNFORGIVEABLE SIN " yet, if a Christian commits this sin, they can never be forgiven. They will spend eternity in the torture chambers of Hell.

Many Christians live in fear as they do not know whether or not they have committed "the UNFORGIVEABLE SIN ".

• deegee
    deegee

Hey Nimble Duck,

Were you that giant rubber ducky on Toronto's waterfront for the Canada Day celebrations, July 1, 2017?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/toronto-turns-out-for-a-last-look-at-the-duck/ar-BBDGJtG?li=AAggNb9

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Ah, so the Evolutionsts and the Atheists do indeed Squirm!

The WTBorg instruction to disregard and/or discredit any belief or opinion which seems contrary to their Dogma seems alive and well. Intolerance in now a "Cool" behavior.

Seems rather childish doesn't it? Particularly for those who Critically Think.

The Question really has a simple answer; from another question:

Are you looking forward to dying or would you rather live?

Not to worry. When it is all said and done even those who thought it all a sham will be restored to life and health. Just wait and see!

The God portrayed by the WTBorg is an Intolerant Destroyer. He is not the Real One.

• cofty
    cofty
    Ah, so the Evolutionsts and the Atheists do indeed Squirm!

Once again - most christians accept the fact of evolution.

The WTBorg instruction to disregard and/or discredit any belief or opinion which seems contrary to their Dogma seems alive and well. Intolerance in now a "Cool" behavior.

In what way is anybody being intolerant? I don't disregard theism. I spent most of my life studying it. I spent another decade studying after I left the cult. I really understand why I don't believe it's true.

The God portrayed by the WTBorg is an Intolerant Destroyer

The god of the bible is a moral monster.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I fail to see how disregarding facts, logic and reason would impress any God worth worshiping, so I sleep really well at night and don't fear death, and I am probably closer to it than most here.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would be content upon death door knowing that I lived not supporting a deviously corrupt, dangerous and harmful religious cult/Publishing corporation known as the JWS.

• deegee
    deegee
    Old Navy>>>>Are you looking forward to dying or would you rather live?
    doubtfull1799>>>>It doesn't change reality. I can't stand the idea of ceasing to exist, the thought that life will go on without me. Wishing it to be otherwise unfortunately does not make it so, and is not evidence that there is an afterlife. I'm sure on my deathbed, when facing the reality of my mortality mores than now, I will wish that it didn't have to be that way, that I could live on in another realm. But again, it will make no difference to reality.
  • done4good
    done4good

Well, I had a heart attack last year that had a 98% chance of killing me, (100% blockage of the LAD artery).

Lying naked on the operating table during the angioplasty, I was watching a big 100" screen on the wall with my heart monitor on it. The heart surgeon performing the procedure said, "Oh shit..." then I watched the monitor stop. Fortunately, I lived to survive it.

I had no moment when I rethought belief in a sky daddy. I had to accept it might be over. We learn to accept death when we have no choice.

"No atheists in foxholes" is a myth...Just another of the many myths propagated by those not grounded in fact and reason.

d4g

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I am, hopefully, a long way from my deathbed, but I would rather live my life without a delusional (or at the very least an unfounded) hope that I will somehow escape death. Rather, I will do what I can right now to improve my own life and the lives those around me and try to be content with the existence I have been so fortunate as to have.

If by some chance there is an afterlife, then any god that I would wish to spend an eternity with wouldn't deny billions of people access to that afterlife for failing to believe in it based on the circumstantial or logically fallacious evidence which has thus far been provided for its existence.

• jacobm
    jacobm

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

A survey of scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press in May and June 2009, finds that members of this group are, on the whole, much less religious than the general public.1 Indeed, the survey shows that scientists are roughly half as likely as the general public to believe in God or a higher power. According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. By contrast, 95% of Americans believe in some form of deity or higher power, according to a survey of the general public conducted by the Pew Research Center in July 2006. Specifically, more than eight-in-ten Americans (83%) say they believe in God and 12% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. Finally, the poll of scientists finds that four-in-ten scientists (41%) say they do not believe in God or a higher power, while the poll of the public finds that only 4% of Americans share this view.

Here is Dawkins stating Extraterrestrials planted life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVoS78lNqM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit