We deserve to die

by elfgoblin 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnell
    schnell
    Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jah to me is like my husband who beats me everynight "because I deserve it" Im no good and he really does love me...he does Mother I know he does.

• Half banana
    Half banana

If you are on the inside of an abusive cult, it is very hard to see the power play at work.

However the teaching that we are “good for nothing slaves” and that we deserve to die, is an expression of the leader’s quest to have totally compliant followers.

The Pauline Christianity of the NT led the way for the power-hungry cults that came afterwards to demean the followers and elevate the religious authorities.

The psychology of abuse leaves individuals affected without a sense of self worth, without a realistic view of the world and without having developed the necessary individual identity and sense of purpose in life, to flourish as a free human agent.

This abuse is performed on an industrial scale among JWs.

This repressive power from the leadership and denial of individuality for the followers is found in all high control cults. Abuse breeds abuse. The leaders abuse the adults and the adult JWs comply to the cult norm and abuse their offspring by getting them baptised into the cult before they have a chance to express their own feelings.

Ok everyone dies, nobody is exempt but death is not a punishment or a political tool, it's not a matter of "deserving it" it is just nature, if you were born; you also die.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Heraclitus had the overall view, and wrote: “It is not good for people to get all they wish to get. It is sickness that makes health pleasant; evil, good; hunger, plenty; weariness, rest.”

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is another reason I can't believe in gods and stuff. Oh, yes. We deserve to die because some imaginary sky magician couldn't get his act together thousands of years ago.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Even when me and my friend were in, we never felt that humans were just so bad that they deserved to be treated like slaves but we did believe that mankind should follow God's law. It is so daunting to think that some witnesses feel that way and that means they must have an incredible inferiority complex on behalf of this religion and I believe this can be dangerous but I'm not sure why.

That's the core of every christian religion. We are supposed to be born in sin and therefore we do not deserve to live. Our mere existence according to them is deserving of dying.

It is disgusting.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

And it's not enough to lead a blameless life, you still have work another 1000 years to prove you're worthy of God's love.

• Londo111
    Londo111

This is the theology of "undeserved kindness"...a term Watchtower has used instead of "grace". Rather than focus on grace or kindness, like other Christian denominations, the word "undeserved" comes to the fore and hits people over the head.

However, the word "undeserved" is not in the Greek...

I remember an elder said this to my ex-wife when she was disfellowshipped. The thought was: everyone deserves death, whatever we get over top of that, like being born, is "undeserved kindness" and we should be grateful.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think all religions deserve to die for they're all structured around ignorance, lies , deception and corruption to forwardly sustain power toward the leaders of these institutions.

Mankind now has the acquired knowledge of why we are here and how to we can improve the human experience and we are better off unbinding are selves from past supernatural or spiritualist intervention, which really was inherently created through human ignorance and mythological "Fictional" story telling.

So lets kill the ideological concept of ancient Hebrew god Yahweh (Jehovah) this genocidal murderous god once envisioned by bronze aged Ignorant people.

His soon to arrive savior son isn't going to happen, as nice as that may be but again this story is also embedded in ancient mythology.

We know what the human experience leads to and what it is, so theretofore its are own responsibility to improve what we can do to the betterment to us all now and toward the future existence of humanity, rather than wait for a supernatural deity to arrive and resolve are problems.

So it isn't us that needs to die, its all the past envisioned gods or supernatural deities ever imagined by humanity, they deserve to die and disappear from human systems of belief and cognitive awareness.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    life is to short:
    .....It has always seemed like God set us up to fail.
    In all honestly why would God do this to us if he was a God of love. He has the power to stop all the suffering of all people on this planet .....

I have to agree and add.
    Wiki says "The Brothers Karamazov is a passionate philosophical novel set in 19th-century Russia, that enters deeply into the ethical debates of God, free will, and morality. "

I agree with the idea from this book that if God is teaching us a lesson or testing us or whatever, the price is too high. When children are born to suffer or to die, the price is too high.

From other philosophies, I have thought about a god creating subjects to kneel and grovel for him, to wail and pray endlessly, to constantly claim "We're not worthy." (Sorry Wayne and Garth.) And then this creator gives his subjects free will and we are told we should not use it.

Strike me dead anytime, God. Interesting reading (shorter and easier than THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV) would be JOB: A COMEDY OF JUSTICE by Robert Heinlein, or CAPTAIN STORMFIELD'S VISIT TO HEAVEN by Mark Twain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit